• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New England Herf [NERF] 2009!

Is it this time of year again :whistling: Time fly's!

Alan, and the NEWK work hard all year long to pull this together.
Let's all make it an event to be remembered!

Alan, is black lung coming this year? :laugh:

It was a Great time Last year, I am in again this year, hope to see a big turn out

Ok, it's final, I'm in. I finally talked the Wifey into it last night. The only thing is now I have to go to Salem the next day to make her happy. :laugh: I do love that woman I guess I took a lot for granted growing up in Worcester.

Can't wait to meet some of the N.E. brothers. :thumbs:

Anyone have a cot or hotel info close to the NERF? This is obviosly a Herf i'm not driving back home the same night from.

edit to add.

What kind of accomodations (hotel-wise) would you need? The Mid-Town is probably mid-range, clean with parking, about a 15 minute walk or subway ride, the Millenium Bostonian is upstairs from the venue. If you're driving, there are options outside of town.

LMK

Ok, it's final, I'm in. I finally talked the Wifey into it last night. The only thing is now I have to go to Salem the next day to make her happy. :laugh: I do love that woman I guess I took a lot for granted growing up in Worcester.

Anyone have a cot or hotel info close to the NERF? This is obviosly a Herf i'm not driving back home the same night from.

edit to add.

edit to add.

Tell her Salem is shut down until October and The House with the Seven Tables is undergoing renovations. :laugh:

Salem is only fun around Halloween.

edit to add.

Tell her Salem is shut down until October and The House with the Seven Tables is undergoing renovations. :laugh:

Salem is only fun around Halloween.

A 15 min walk is fine, even if I have to take the T to and from is fine, I was just wondering if there was one close that had good parking.

Yea I know it's only fun around Halloween, I tried to tell her that but she still just has to see it. It's not even that pretty, bare trees, snow on the ground, I can look out my window and see that now. :rolleyes:

edit to add

Yea I know it's only fun around Halloween, I tried to tell her that but she still just has to see it. It's not even that pretty, bare trees, snow on the ground, I can look out my window and see that now. :rolleyes:
edit to add

On the other hand, since it's "off" season, the attractions won't be mobbed. I remember going to Sturbridge Village in February back when I was in elementary school. Yep, it was cold as hell but when you'd go into any of the building, they had the fireplaces all stoked up and it was plenty warm. And as I mentioned, the place was damn near empty, we didn't have to fight crowds and we got to spend time talking quite a bit to the people who work there.

There are lots of other buildings at the House with the Seven Tables (or is that "gables," I forget....:laugh:), the only thing you'll be missing out on are the beautiful gardens. Salem is a pretty cool place, lots of neat shops and plenty of places to grab a Guinness!

Oh, when you're driving into Salem through Peabody, right before you get into town on the left is a great place for beer:
bunghole_liquors.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

Your GPS or fuggen Mapquest might tell you to take exit 25 (Route 114) off of Route 128 but don't go that far, take exit 26 which is Lowell Street and you'll be on the right road for the liquor store. ;)

edit to add

On the other hand, since it's "off" season, the attractions won't be mobbed. I remember going to Sturbridge Village in February back when I was in elementary school. Yep, it was cold as hell but when you'd go into any of the building, they had the fireplaces all stoked up and it was plenty warm. And as I mentioned, the place was damn near empty, we didn't have to fight crowds and we got to spend time talking quite a bit to the people who work there.

There are lots of other buildings at the House with the Seven Tables (or is that "gables," I forget....:laugh:), the only thing you'll be missing out on are the beautiful gardens. Salem is a pretty cool place, lots of neat shops and plenty of places to grab a Guinness!

Oh, when you're driving into Salem through Peabody, right before you get into town on the left is a great place for beer:
bunghole_liquors.jpg

Your GPS or fuggen Mapquest might tell you to take exit 25 (Route 114) off of Route 128 but don't go that far, take exit 26 which is Lowell Street and you'll be on the right road for the liquor store. ;)

I forgot about this place, I'm going to have to stop just to get a pic of me out front. :laugh:

Here's the Midtown site: http://www.midtownhotel.com/
They have underground parking, pick up the Greenline around the corner. LMK what you think.

edit to add

bunghole_liquors.jpg

I forgot about this place, I'm going to have to stop just to get a pic of me out front. :laugh:

Where does the new attempt at shutting down smoking stand?

Will you accept a check made out the Wednesday's Child?

YES! Checks are acceptable. Will you be attending, or are you sending a donation?

If you are sending a donation, please send to me, Paul Fournier
210 Brook Village Rd Unit 42
Nashua, NH 03062

Thank you for your generosity, I hope to see/meet many of you there!

In case we have not met, I'll be the big bald guy with the red slippers on!!!

Paul

YES! Checks are acceptable. Will you be attending, or are you sending a donation?

If you are sending a donation, please send to me, Paul Fournier
210 Brook Village Rd Unit 42
Nashua, NH 03062
Thank you for your generosity, I hope to see/meet many of you there!

In case we have not met, I'll be the big bald guy with the red slippers on!!!
Paul
Not again!! Well at the least, wacco will have a bit of cannon fodder :laugh:
For the record, It wouldn't be March in Boston without Paul and his "Ruby Slippers".

Can anyone give me a street addy for Churchills so I can find directions?

Brian