• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Humidor Project Finished!

verhoevc

Banned
Here's my latest project. I made it as a surprise for my father when he gets back from Saudi in a couple weeks. It's also a testament that veneered work is not a "cheap" medium, but can also be classy. It's all solid maple top grade ply (so good stuff) that has the outside done in fiddleback mahogany and the inside is quilt figure spanish cedar. The legs are mottle figured mahogany and the door and trim is flamed maple.
I just wanna take a moment to talk about ply again. This is still SOLID wood, it's solid maple and there are no voids in it because this is a high grade plywood, and because it is ply it is extremely stable which is an important thing when you have an internal RH% of 70 and then about 45% on the outside! It's been joined with epoxied lock miters so there's nothing escaping from the joints either. What I'm trying to say is that when used correctly plywood can make an amazing humidor, actually with several advantages over 'solid' wood humidors.
I took this pictures after wiping down the inside to start seasoning it.
Here's the whole package:
Front.jpg

Here she is opened up, notice how the artist "points" at the bottom of the door actually act to hold up the door when open:
FrontOpen.jpg

There's actually room for two singles shelves, I just have to get more.
Here's a picture of the figure on that spanish cedar, tried to get it while still wet to really show ya'll:
Inside.jpg

And lastly, a picture of the top so you can see the details of the grain and edge-banding:
Top.jpg

Enjoy,
Chris

Very nice. I'm sure your dad will be thrilled with it :thumbs:

PS: The deminsions are approximately 20x14x9" for the box, and a total of 35" tall with the legs.
Chris

Great work on that Humi!!!! Very cool of you to make that for your father, I'm sure he'll love it.

Looks really good Chris, I'm sure your father will be really surprised and greatful to recieve such a fine piece of furniture. That should be a family heirloom to be past from generation to generation, for many years to come.

Wow! Any Dad would be proud of your work!
Very nice design and execution.

Chemyst :cool: