• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New ideas for BBQ sauce?

fernious

OK so i have been looking for some new ideas for my BBQ sauce. I have a mango and a strawberry sauce that i have gotten pretty down pact (Amazing on a slab of pork spare ribs), but now i'm looking to try something a little different. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Ferni

Peach Jalapeno

Really easy too... Works great on Chicken, Pork and Veggies, if you eat those. Remember "salad is what food eats."

AngryFishH Peach Jalapeno BBQ

A few pinches of a good basic dry rub (see below)
1 Can cling peaches in heavy syrup
1 tbsp cider vinegar
2-3 jalapeno's or 1 yellow habanero depending on the heat level desired
1 bunch of scallions chopped
handful of cilantro to taste (leaves only NO STEMS!)

1. Drain and add peaches, peppers and vinegar in a blender and mix.
2. Season meat/veggies with basic dry rub
3. Grill. With about 5 minutes to desired doneness dip each into mix and continue cooking over low heat.
4. When done top with some scallions and cilantro
5. Eat and smoke a cigar to your success.

Basic Dry Rub
1 tbsp of each:
kosher salt
fresh cracked black pepper
onion powder
garlic powder
Hungarian paprika (make sure to get a good paprika it makes a huge difference)
dark (mild) chili powder
plus a pinch of cayenne (optional)

Let me know what you think.

Fish

Edited because I forgot the cider vinegar. It was early and I was going from memory.

A buddy of mine and I like to have little challenges where we choose 4 or 5 different ingredients for each other, and you have to make a sauce using those and any others you wish. The recipe has to be written down so if its a good one, you know how to recreate it.

With that being said, I offer up the challenge of using these 5 ingredients to make a sauce from.

1. wasabi powder
  2. shallots
  3. habenero
  4. fresh ginger
  5. cherry coke

Peach Jalapeno

Really easy too... Works great on Chicken, Pork and Veggies, if you eat those. Remember "salad is what food eats."

AngryFishH Peach Jalapeno BBQ

A few pinches of a good basic dry rub (see below)
1 Can cling peaches in heavy syrup
1 tbsp cider vinegar
2-3 jalapeno's or 1 yellow habanero depending on the heat level desired
1 bunch of scallions chopped
handful of cilantro to taste (leaves only NO STEMS!)

1. Drain and add peaches, peppers and vinegar in a blender and mix.
2. Season meat/veggies with basic dry rub
3. Grill. With about 5 minutes to desired doneness dip each into mix and continue cooking over low heat.
4. When done top with some scallions and cilantro
5. Eat and smoke a cigar to your success.

Basic Dry Rub
1 tbsp of each:
kosher salt
fresh cracked black pepper
onion powder
garlic powder
Hungarian paprika (make sure to get a good paprika it makes a huge difference)
dark (mild) chili powder
plus a pinch of cayenne (optional)

Let me know what you think.

Fish

Edited because I forgot the cider vinegar. It was early and I was going from memory.
That sounds like it would be delicious, i will have to make some uip and let you know how i like it.

A buddy of mine and I like to have little challenges where we choose 4 or 5 different ingredients for each other, and you have to make a sauce using those and any others you wish. The recipe has to be written down so if its a good one, you know how to recreate it.

With that being said, I offer up the challenge of using these 5 ingredients to make a sauce from.

1. wasabi powder
  2. shallots
  3. habenero
  4. fresh ginger
  5. cherry coke
Alright, i'll do my best to try and figure a way to do this, and i'll see how it comes out, if it's any good i'll send you a sample.

Thanks alot guys.

i have a recipe for peach glaze. has honey, soy sauce, peach or apricot preserves, if you need the recipe i can look it up.

it was used in a bed & breakfast. usually chicken/pork chops over an open fire

1. wasabi powder
  2. shallots
  3. habenero
  4. fresh ginger
  5. cherry coke
And if I take you up on your challenge, what do I win? :whistling: :D

If you like spicy along with your sweet. You can get this hot sauce at Albertsons. It's called Gringo Bandito.
It's made by Dexter Holland of the Offspring (he is a client of mine) this stuff is awesome. I use it all the time and I add it to sweet BBQ sauce and it kicks it up to heavenly levels.

Also, it is good on everything else!

I like to add pureed, steamed carrots. They give all sauces a super-mild sweetness and thickness that is unlike anything else I've tried. Don't need much.

This is not my original idea though. I got it from a Playboy recipe back in the '80's or '90's. (Yes, I do read the articles also).

1. wasabi powder
  2. shallots
  3. habenero
  4. fresh ginger
  5. cherry coke
And if I take you up on your challenge, what do I win? :whistling: :D

Well, with my extreme amount of patience, I went ahead and stepped up to the challenge. It just sounded fun. I had to rack my brain pretty good to come up with anything that would use all 5 ingredients ...

Hillbilly Steak's Challenge

4470979885_8529958abf_b.jpg

And what came out of it ...

Blue's Kickin - Wasabi Teriyaki Sauce

¼ cup Soy Sauce
1 cup Cherry Coke
1 tsp Fresh Ground Ginger
1 Habanero
½ tsp Wasabi Powder
2 Schallots, finely chopped
1 Tbs Garlic, minced
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Tbs Sesame Oil
3 Tbs Brown Sugar
2 Tbs Corn Starch
3/4 cup Water – cool
a dash of Salt

1) Heat the Olive Oil and Sesame Oil in a sauce pan at just below medium heat.
2) Grate and mince the Fresh Ground Ginger, mince the Garlic, chop really finely the Shallots and Habanero (deseeded).
3) Throw the Ginger in the oil for about 30 seconds to let the flavors seep into the oils, then add the Shallots and the dash of salt to help them sweat. Saute until they become translucent. Then throw in the Garlic and Habanero, and continue to saute for a few minutes.
4) Mix the Cherry Coke, Soy Sauce, and Brown Sugar into a bowl. The Cherry Coke fizzes like crazy, so it is best to do this in a separate bowl.
5) Add the Cherry Coke mixture to the sauce pan with the Shallots, and bring the sauce to a boil.
6) Mix the Corn Starch and cool Water together in a bowl. Then slowly add into the boiling sauce.
7) Continue to let it boil until it reaches your desired thickness. Once you add the cornstarch it doesn't take long to thicken up.

This was the sauce I created and made Teriyaki chicken with. It was pretty damn good too. The two things I would change would be to make it 4 Tbs of Brown Sugar and make it 2 Habaneros; that would make it a touch sweeter and give it more of a kick. You really can taste the Wasabi suprisingly well. Also, instead of fresh garlic, I might substitute garlic powder for texture purposes. But all in all, I think it turned out pretty damn good for a bunch of wacky ingredients, and for my first shot at it. :thumbs: :cool: :thumbs:

4471756884_2c2aed5c89_b.jpg

I make a glaze using Jack Daniels which goes well on chicken. You can probably find similar recipes online. I also like to use Jack Daniels on whole turkeys when I grill them. Usually just a mix of JD, brown sugar, melted butter. Take the liquid and inject in to the breast of the turkey. Never had a problem with dry turkey.

hahaha, nice work blue dragon!!! sounds good!

Post up some ingredients for me and I'll see what I can come up with!

I'll give it a go!

Fuji Apple BBQ Sauce

5 Fuji Apples
4 cups organic tomato puree
1/4 cup whiskey
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tb olive oil
2 tb paprika
1 tb ancho chili powder
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 ts cayenne
1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
1/2 cup pure cane syrup
1/2 cup dry red wine
2 tb fresh lemon juice
2 tb Creole or other spicy whole-grain mustard
1 tb minced jalapeno peppers
1 tb Worcestershire sauce
1 ts or other hot sauce (the hotter the better)
1 ts salt
1/2 ts cayenne

Preparation:

Wash apples, de-wax them, core and mince them skin on. With the whiskey and the vinegar, reduce them to an apple sauce like consistency in a med sauce pan on med heat. This usually takes 30 mins or so.

Heat oil in a small saucepan and add garlic and sauté until brown. Once browned add this to the apples, then add remaining ingredients and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes until thick.

You can use an emulsion blender to make the consistency smoother before serving, but this step is up to you. I usually let my sauce's flavors marry overnight but if you just can't wait, serve it up!

-Jimmy