• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Life Support System

muddstick

Brazilia Whore
I just broke down and bought myself a new coffee maker! I have been looking for a while for one with a burr grinder, bean hopper, and thermal pot and I finally found it. I am officially moving into the new house on Friday and I think it will be the first thing I set up!! :whistling:

My New Coffee Pot

I love the pots with the Thermo Carafe. We have one at work. Never have to drink dried up burnt down coffee.

I have have one of those. Who ever designed it works for the same company as Dilbert. Sorry Bro.

Doc.

I got a Saeco Espresso machine a couple of months back. I remember trying to get the hand of making a good espresso with a decent, thick crema on the first night I got it home.

I couldn't sleep that night, and ended up watching Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Zodiac and No Country for Old Men all in a row (streaming from the net). I have since cut back to one in the morning, and one with dinner, because I have my coffee strong as an ox fresh out the box.

We got one almost the same as yours thanks to a member here, Cobra97. It's the 10-cup model. You will love it!

Dan

I got a Saeco Espresso machine a couple of months back. I remember trying to get the hand of making a good espresso with a decent, thick crema on the first night I got it home.

I couldn't sleep that night, and ended up watching Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Zodiac and No Country for Old Men all in a row (streaming from the net). I have since cut back to one in the morning, and one with dinner, because I have my coffee strong as an ox fresh out the box.
:lol: "I'll just try one more time, I think I almost have it right"

After 1½+ years, I'd still have to say for great coffee and espresso, this is the way to go. :thumbs: As of today, 2494 cups later, it is still fantastic. Just my
2cents3fo.gif

I have your standard Bunn 10 cup, works like a champ even after 5 long hard years. Have went from making 3 pots a day, to around 3/4 a day. So thermo maybe the way I go when this one dies.

THIS is what I use. By far the besst brewer I've ever owned. If you're a coffee perfectionist, this is the setup for you.

THIS is what I use. By far the besst brewer I've ever owned. If you're a coffee perfectionist, this is the setup for you.

Have heard so many positive reviews on that machine that it will be my next one for sure.

I have a Solis SL90 espresso machine and a Kitchenaid proline burr grinder (thank you, kitchenaid - they replaced my much less expensive retro-style grinder, which I bought used for $30, with the much more expensive proline grinder). Lately I've been using Intelligentsia Black Cat Espresso beans, since La Colombe (which is local to Philly) is sort of spotty.

I have have one of those. Who ever designed it works for the same company as Dilbert. Sorry Bro.

Doc.

Crap, thats not what I wanted to hear! I knew they had problems with the 700 but was hoping they might have fixed them in this one. It is tough to find any that have a bean storage and burr grinder without adding an extension that wont fit under my counter. Well, I guess I will see what happens. I have only had 1 pot of coffee out of it so far.

-gp

I just broke down and bought myself a new coffee maker! I have been looking for a while for one with a burr grinder, bean hopper, and thermal pot and I finally found it. I am officially moving into the new house on Friday and I think it will be the first thing I set up!! :whistling:

My New Coffee Pot
Save your receipt....you may need it.

Doc.
I'm with you on this one Doc....I bought this unit as a Christmas gift for a buddy of mine and he went through 3 of them before finally getting his money back. He put in some additional bucks and went the right way.

MS....for a few bucks more you could buy a really nice coffee maker and a separate burr grinder. These will last for years & years. :thumbs:

The all-in-one coffee makers are tough to buy...if one component breaks, the whole thing is shot :(