• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Orleans

acharpe

I will be going back to New Orleans for the first time in a couple of years next week. I went to Tulane from 1996-2000 but didn't smoke cigars then so I don't know of any good cigar shops. Also, I will be around Lafayette as well (my parents are from there and that is where I grew up). Any recommendations around that end of the state would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

No one's been to any good B&Ms while they visited/lived in New Orleans? Looks like I've got some exploring to do then...

Been there and it was fun. I take it that they are back open now?

Hi, PSTAN! Yes, they should be open for business now. Their web site gives their e-mail address and their toll free telephone number. The Cigar Factory could be contacted in order to find out what their holiday hours of business are, etc. Regards, knightlaird

I had forgotten about the Cigar Factory. I had seen it when I lived there, but it really didn't register since I didn't smoke at the time. I look forward to going there. Knightlaird, thanks for your help!

Hi, acharpe! You are very welcome! Please post and tell us about your trip when you return from Louisiana. Enjoy! Regards, knightlaird

It was nice to be back in Louisiana. First stop was Abbeville to visit my family. In nearby Lafayette, there is a shop called the Cigar Merchant that had just an amazing selection of cigars. Tatuajes, LFDs, Davidoff, etc. Went to New Orleans after that. I visited the Cigar Factory and tried a couple of cigars from them. The Cameroon was good initially, but turned a little harsh. The Maduro was very good. They also have a Connecticut Shade that I didn't get to try. The Cigar Factory is a little pricy (it is the French Quarter), but not too bad, and it is good to put a little money in the local economy. The French Quarter's just about good as new. There are areas in the city that are still nowhere near recovery, but it is still a great place to visit. For all those thinking of heading down there, please do so. New Orleans relies heavily on tourism.

Hi, acharpe! I am glad to learn that you had a nice trip to Louisiana. I am happy to hear that you were able to visit The Cigar Factory. Happy Holidays! Regards, knightlaird