• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"New" Tatuaje?

tomthirtysix

Wishing I was as cool as Phil
I just got an email from one of my locals, listing some of the new cigars coming out in December. I found this one interesting:

Tatuaje Black Lanceros: Pete Johnson is making these limited run of Black Label Lanceros to help the retailers after Hurricane Sandy. Offered only in New York and New Jersey, these 10-count boxes features the same blend of tobacco found in the recently released "Mummy".

Was the original Black blend (or any of the subsequent Black blends) the same as the Mummy blend? Or is this an entirely "new" blend under the Black label?

I also wonder what "help" these are providing. Is a percentage of the money going to help retailers, or is the help strictly the fact that they're getting a "limited" release cigar that people are going to trip over themselves to get their hands on.

Man... that's a lot of quotation marks...

Tom I saw this as well and was wondering the same. How is this helping the NY and NJ retailers... He will be here in NH at my local tomorrow do you want me to ask him...LOL

Tom I saw this as well and was wondering the same. How is this helping the NY and NJ retailers... He will be here in NH at my local tomorrow do you want me to ask him...LOL

Yes ! Nothing like putting someone on the spot. ;)

I definitely think you should ask, Paul.

Definitely ask him. Tell him Rod says HI.

I had the mummy this past week. It hinted at the Black profile, but seemed to be different - Although the size probably accounts for the slight differnce - as I only really smoked the CGs.

Black Label Lanceros - this is the Old Man and the C...but released on it's own....I think.

Also, I was under the impression the Lancero was to be released anyhow.

As to were he funds go and how much...good question.

Was in Smoke Inn store # 2 last week. They have PJ make special blends for them. i.e.. Anarchy & soon to be released Apocalypse. They were ordering 1 dozen boxes of the Black Lanceros. They also told me the Mummy's are a more medium blend w/ a Nica Sungrown Sumatra wrapper. Hope this helps.

So I stopped at the event and I was surprised to see how many reps were there and it wasn't only Pete but Janny Garcia was there as well.

gallery_13257_1641_968317.jpg

Janny was extremely nice and took the time to talk with everyone about their cigars and her featured line La Dueña.

gallery_13257_1641_895171.jpg

​Pete was also really nice and took time to talk about all the different lines they have and the different blend of the different lines. I did ask him about the Limited release of the Black lanceros and his basic explanation on it was that he had 1000 left over boxes of the lanceros so he thought to get rid of them he would send them to the NY and NJ retailers to try and bring some influx to the area shops after the recent hurricane. When I asked about the blend he kept point to one of these when explaining it that was sitting on the table. He said it was the same cigar that come in this. They will have the pig tail as well.

blk_culebra_set500wm.jpg

Now this is where my confusion sets in because there was also this on the table that is a Black Lancero box but he said it was not these it was ones with the pig tail.

tat_black_pl_wood_jar_open_bundle_800wm.jpg

Was the original lancero made with the pig tail and that is the only diffrence?

Hope this helps and if anyone in the area gets them please let us know what you think
Paul

I did ask him about the Limited release of the Black lanceros and his basic explanation on it was that he had 1000 left over boxes of the lanceros so he thought to get rid of them he would send them to the NY and NJ retailers to try and bring some influx to the area shops after the recent hurricane.

Quite noble of him to get rid of his overstock by pawning it off on NY/NJ shop owners. :rolleyes:

I did ask him about the Limited release of the Black lanceros and his basic explanation on it was that he had 1000 left over boxes of the lanceros so he thought to get rid of them he would send them to the NY and NJ retailers to try and bring some influx to the area shops after the recent hurricane.

Quite noble of him to get rid of his overstock by pawning it off on NY/NJ shop owners. :rolleyes:

Look who's paying attention!

Thanks for the feedback Paul.

Well, well, well....after all these months away from the board, look who still feels giddy when they talk about Pete