• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New to the whole vinotemp idea

Where did you get those tubes with the blue ends, Heartfelt?

Do you guys have to wet the beads once you have your Vinotemp set up?

I have had to. But not too much.

My new worry is with the winter cold. My vinotemp is in a room with no heat and concrete floors. Temp. has dipped into the 50's. What is too cold for cigars?

Where did you get those tubes with the blue ends, Heartfelt?

I got them from heartfelt. It's cheaper to buy the bulk beads and empty tubes from them than actually buying them in the tubes.

My new worry is with the winter cold. My vinotemp is in a room with no heat and concrete floors. Temp. has dipped into the 50's. What is too cold for cigars?

The temp of your Vinotemp has dipped into the 50's or the room temp has?

Mine pales in comparison to your collection! I need to stop looking at pics of your wine coolers so I can stop drooling!

Seeing that box of RA's in there makes me cry :(

haha

Nice looking set-up there Flammychop! Mmmm...Bolis! :D

Here's mine. I've got about a lb. of 65% beads in each, used stockings to make bags. There's a fan in the bottom of each I got from Wally World that blow the air upwards, hooked 'em to a DC converter. Have had no problems to date. I would like to make some of the shelves like Mike (Rectifythis) has. Those wire shelves are aggrevating with the curves in 'em.

10-23-08Imported080.jpg

10-23-08Imported082.jpg

10-23-08Imported084.jpg

These are also pretty excellent for cellaring beers when you don't have a cellar. You just need to cover the front glass so that light doesn't get in, but the 50 - 55 temp is perfect for the task at hand.

I would have to say the temp. in the room. But the guage on the vino's reading 59 and hygros inside 58 on top and 54 on the bottom.

I would have to say the temp. in the room. But the guage on the vino's reading 59 and hygros inside 58 on top and 54 on the bottom.

That's a tough one maybe one of the more experienced BOTL's could answer that. But I try not to let them get below 60... but I think as long as the RH is good you could be okay. The nature of the thermoelectric units is that the benefit is less condensation and more efficient I think, but they aren't going to correct major temp swings as much as a condensor unit can.

Maybe you could dry box your smokes in a warmer room for a few hours before smoking if they aren't smoking well for some reason.

Ok - I got the Vinotemp V-TEDS 28 on Friday. I cleaned it with dish soap and water, dried it with baking poweder, (Friday) aired it out for a day (Friday to Sat eve) and finally set it up. Put the beads in, sprayed with distilled water. Filled the condensation collection dish with dry beads. Let it sit for the remaineder of the day to let the temp adjust. Last night I put 4 full cigar boxes and a tray of cigars in it and this morning it was sitting at 64 degrees / 65% as per my hygrometer and the built in temp display. 64 degrees is the highest temperture for this specific model. So all seems to be good so far.

I also have 4 bottles of wine on the top shelf and left the second shelf available for 4 more bottles.

So we'll see how it goes for the next week or so.

Thanks for everyones help and assistance!

~ t