• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Year's Eve

I don't know if I will have anything too nice right around midnight, because I am going to Times Square for the whole ball-dropping and stuff. Too many people, too cold, etc., for a really nice cigar...

Also going to Punxsutawney, PA, for Groundhog's day, so that I can see Punxsutawney Phil. Always wanted to do that, just hope I don't get stuck in the same day forever...

ALostTexan

ALostTexan said:
I don't know if I will have anything too nice right around midnight, because I am going to Times Square for the whole ball-dropping and stuff. Too many people, too cold, etc., for a really nice cigar...
You're crazy, I did that 2 years in a row when I was 16 and 17. I will never do it again

Good Luck

Where are you staying that night? And what are you doing New Year's Day? Maybe we can get together for a smoke :thumbs:

Huh, I find it strange that I haven't even thought about it yet...........this calls for some serious consideration! ???

Fast4Dr said:
ALostTexan said:
You're crazy, I did that 2 years in a row when I was 16 and 17. I will never do it again

Good Luck

Where are you staying that night? And what are you doing New Year's Day? Maybe we can get together for a smoke :thumbs:
[snapback]151681[/snapback]​
Yeah, I know that it isn't something that I am going to want to do every year, but I want to do it once in my lifetime, especially since most of my friends I grew up with in West Texas cannot say that they have been there for New Year's Eve.

I am staying out by JFK. Figured I would stay there, where I can park and not worry about my car, and take the train into Times Square. I am up for something on the 1st. Trying to work that day out. Let me know...

ALostTexan

I'm about 15 minutes from JFK so that should be easy.... When are you planning to head back home?

dvickery said:
sancho panza sancho...will be the 3rd from my box and the 3rd new years i have had one...at the stroke of midnight it will turn 4 years old(ene'01).

1st one(at 2 years)...almost unsmokable,tight draw and turned raunchy/juicy almost right away

2nd(at 3 years)...barely smokable,good smoke for the first half then turned youthfully juicy

we shall see this year

derrek :(
[snapback]149019[/snapback]​

:0 :( WOW Derrek, I've smoked a box of May '01's which were perfect and I'm half way through my second box of 05/01's and haven't had a bad one yet.

I love these big honkin' cigars :thumbs:

It will prob be a Anejo No. 46.. ive prob smoke about 5 in the last 2 weeks. Damn they are tasty.

Been away from home for so long I'm not even sure what I have to smoke.....But you can bet 1 of them will be a well aged Opus X and couple of our refugee friends.

STYX&STONED said:
Been away from home for so long I'm not even sure what I have to smoke.....But you can bet 1 of them will be a well aged Opus X and couple of our refugee friends.
[snapback]151844[/snapback]​
I think Kurt got to most of those already :0

Big100HD said:
Eshaw99 said:
Ok, so it's New Year's Eve, and ol' Dick Clark is about to countdown the final ticks of 2004...

You mean he's still alive? what does he drink for breakfast?

Formaldehyde?????? :p
[snapback]148332[/snapback]​

Actually Dick is not doing well and will not be doing the gig this year according to the reports. He will be back next year

AVB said:
Nothing this New Years :( I'll be at my Aunt & Uncle's house this year with all the family and nobody smokes besides myself.
[snapback]148462[/snapback]​

I hear ya AVB. Just a quiet night where I live. I will probably go to bed around ten from chasing the rugrats around most of the day. :p Unless we have a heat wave that makes the evening temps hover around 60, I doubt I'll smoke anything. :( That's o.k. though, I can at least hold a few cigars and drool. :thumbs:

Well..... I have an Egg by Drew Estate.

Or, more likely, the nice EdS that Santa got me..........

Actually I had heard that Regis Philbin will be standing in for Dick Clark this year.

In 1962 American Bandstand was still produced by WFIL in Philly. They had a show just before the school year started, where everyone brought in their little brother or sister. I didn't get on the show but was an "extra" in case not enough little kids showed up and was in the audience during the shooting.

How did this happen you may ask since I lived in Jersey at the time? My mother's college friend worked for WFIL and the AB studio is where they dropped me off while they went shopping or something. Probably the only shopping break mom got away from me that entire year. :laugh:

Now it's 43 years later and Dick still wants to play Hoobastank :p

Too cold for me to smoke tonight, but if I were, I'd smoke my new diablo. :thumbs:

Gonna try a Hoyo DC tonight. It didn't get good reviews from CC, but hopefully my delightfully novice palate won't know any better :laugh:

Have a safe New Year All!

Kento

My friend, who has never smoked a cigar in his life, got two Cohibas from his relatives. I have never had a Cohiba and there he was, with two of them. Unfair! :p Well he did offer one to me before I even realized they were Cohibas. Too bad as the night passed on, we forgot all about them :(