• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass

Aalvord2

The time has come to fire this baby up. I’m super excited for this pass, and I hope hope everyone involved will enjoy this, and learn from it. Below are the basic rules of this pass.

Rule 1

This is all about learning and having fun! Communication is the key to the success of this pass. Ask questions, and enjoy the ride! Also, I have no idea what I’m doing and this is my first time as well 🥳

Rule 2

Upon receiving the pass, please inspect the packaging and contents for any damage. Take pictures if there is any and post them to the forum. If the cigar pass box requires any work such as adjusting humidity, repackaging, etc please do. Treat the pass as if it’s your own.

Rule 3

Take inventory of the pass. Make sure all contents are there, and that everything is labeled correctly.

Rule 4

All takes and puts will be posted to the forum before the recipient receives the pass. It is acceptable to take 3 to 5 cigars from the pass. Since a lot of us our new, this will allow for any questions to be answered regarding values of takes and puts. Please write them on the spreadsheet that will be in the pass once we are all in agreement. The start list will also be kept up to date on this forum regarding puts and takes.

Rule 5

Try and keep puts within $1-$2 of the take. Like for like (CC for CC, NC for NC) is not a requirement. Again, there is anticipation that someone wanting to try something that they may not know the value of, or feel they don’t have anything comparable. This is not a problem, just post your puts and takes so that we can all agree on it as a collective.

Rule 6

The person to receive the pass must verify that they are ready and able to receive it via this forum. The box doesn’t move until there is confirmation on this forum. This allows us to keep track of where we are, and also allows us to make any adjustments to the route if need be.

Rule 7

The pass must be shipped within 2-days of receiving, and shipped out with tracking. Tracking is a requirement. I will be using USPS with insurance. Please post the tracking number in the forum so the next person in line knows when to expect delivery of the pass.

Rule 8

I really don’t believe this needs to be posted, as we are all adults, but here it is. Do not steal anyones property. That includes markers, humidification devices, etc that may come with the pass.

The banshees (and pug) involved with this fiasco is as followed (in order of the pass):

Starting @Aalvord2
Shipped: 9534613278063251829352
B: @JArtimez
Shipped: 9506116027933256745623
C: @Nate1977
Shipped: 9536112949173261338953
D: @CgarDan
Shipped: 9405511206215011706118
E: @Mavric
Shipped: 9505815862173276940068
F: @cabaiguan juan
Shipped: 9436130109355003154884
G: @BurnBerry
Shipped:9536115800283290621650
@Smokemorestressless
I: @dawgie34203
J: @TexEagle
K: @StewNasty69
L: @Pugman1943

The map of mayhem:
IMG_7398.jpeg

The Current Cigar List:

1. P: Padron 1926 #9 Natural @cabaiguan juan
  2. Arturo Fuente 8-9-8 Maduro
  3. P: R.P. Vintage 1999 Perfecto (@Mavric )
  4. P: Liga Privada #9 @JArtimez
  5. Arturo Fuente Opus X Perfection #5
  6. All Saints Saint Francis Churchill
  7. P: Aganorsa Leaf Supreme Leaf robusto @cabaiguan juan
  8. Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto
  9. Camacho Triple Maduro Gordo
  10. Camacho Criollo Churchill
  11. P: CAO Colombia Tinto (@Mavric )
  12. P: Nub 460 Sumatra (@Mavric )
  13. CAO America Potmac
  14. Don Benigno Robusto
  15. Focaccia Sarda
  16. Foundation Tabernacle Robusto
  17. H. Uppman Reserve Churchill (NC)
  18. P: HVC Hot Cakes Golden line corona gorda @cabaiguan juan
  19. La Gloria Cubans Society Cigar Toro (NC)
  20. My Father Flor De Las Antilles Toro
  21. Montecristo crafted by AJ Fernandez Nicaraguan (NC)
  22. Oliva Master Blen 3 Robusto
  23. Oliva Series V Melanio Natural Robusto
  24. P: CAO Nicaraguan (@Mavric )
  25. Oliva Seies V Churchill
  26. Oscar Leaf Connecticut Toro
  27. Oscar Leaf Corojo
  28. P: Tatuaje Karloff @Nate1977
  29. P: Davidoff Nicaragua Robusto @BurnBerry
  30. Padron 2000 Maduro
  31. Padron 90th Anniversary Tubo Maduro
  32. Padron 1964 Soberano Maduro
  33. Perez Carillo Encore
  34. Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Robusto
  35. Romeo Y Julieta Crafted by AJ Fernandez (NC)
  36. Romeo Y Julieta 1875 Connecticut Nicaragua (NC)
  37. P: AVO Synchro Nicaragua Robusto @BurnBerry
  38. Varina Farms Breakfast Blend.
Additional Cigars Added:
51. P: BLACK WORKS STUDIO POISON DART SHORT ROBUSTO @cabaiguan juan
52. P: Blindmans bluff limited 2021 @Nate1977
53. P: Ashton VSG @Nate1977
54. P: Camacho Diploma @Nate1977
55. (NC) P: Cohiba Royale Robusto @BurnBerry

CC:
39. H.Uppman Half Corona RAP-OCT-22
40. P: Cohiba siglo I @CgarDan
41. Jose Piedra Breva TOA MAR 22
42. (NC) P: Atabey Benditios @BurnBerry
43. P: Hupmann connoisseur no.2 @Nate1977
44. Partagas Mille Fleurs MLS-MAY-21
45. Romeo Y Julieta Petit Royales OER-NOV-19

46. Johnny LC Mag 48 2023
47. P: Romeo y Julieta Wide Churchill @JArtimez
48. Johnny LC Year of The Rabbit Presidente 2023
49. P: Johnny Siglo IV @BurnBerry
50. Johnny WF Corona Gorda 2023

Take List:
@JArtimez :

4. Arturo Fuente Short Story Rare Pink
42. Montecristo #3 CC
47. Johnny's LC Corona Gorda

@Nate1977 :
43. Montecristo No. 5 ROP-DIC-20
28. Oscar Leaf Maduro

@CgarDan :
29. Purple Sky purple people eater
40. Jose Piedra petit caballero
42. H.Upmann #2

@Mavric :
3. Arturo Fuente S.S.
11. CAO Cameroon Perfecto
12. CAO Flathead V450
24. Oliva V Melanio

@cabaiguan juan :
1. Atabey Divino
18. IGM Kalavera Torpedo
51. Plasencia Cosecha 149
7. Bones Shaker WitchDoktor

@BurnBerry :
37. Tatuaje TAA 2022
42. Cohiba Robusto (CoRo)
29. Clandestinos lush canonazos
49. Johnny WF 898 2023

@Smokemorestressless :

But wait, there’s more!!

There will be a spread sheet of this list that will be included in the pass. Please fill out your puts and takes on the spreadsheet. This start list will also be updated on this forum throughout the pass. Also in the pass box will be a list of recipient’s delivery information.

I will include extra cigar labels, 5 and 3 finger cigar bags in the pass in case we need them. If you want some just to have, just let me know in the forum, and let us know how many you take and are left. I can put extras in if anyone needs/wants a few.

I hope this gives everyone a good understanding of the intentions of this pass. As stated, ask every and all questions you have. That’s what this is for. I’m looking forward to taking part in this experience with you guys!

Last edited:
*made edit to clarify in rule #4: It is acceptable to take 3 to 5 cigars from the pass*

Rule 3

Take inventory of the pass. Make sure all contents are there, and that everything is labeled correctly.
How would you like the cigars labeled? Make, model and price? And by take inventory, should I print off the most recent list before I receive it and check each one off? What is the correct protocol? (as you can tell, this is my 1st pass)

How would you like the cigars labeled? Make, model and price? And by take inventory, should I print off the most recent list before I receive it and check each one off? What is the correct protocol? (as you can tell, this is my 1st pass)
Its just verifying that what’s on the list is what’s in the box. If anything gets mixed up, or forgotten after it’s shipped, we can catch it. Honest mistakes happen. As far as labeling. I have numbered bands on the cigars, and on the 5 finger bags that a few are in. You can either take the existing label off and put it on your cigar you put in, or put a new one on. There are extra cigar band labels in the box, as well cigar bags if need be.

Also, I’ve printed off a spreadsheet. In the box there will be a list of the cigars started with, a list of participants and their shipping info, and a spreadsheet with each participants username listed with columns to write down your individual takes and puts. The start list will also be updated on this forum with the current inventory after cigars are swapped out.

Alright, my brothers! The time has come for the first "take-put" post in our Newbie Pass. First, a housekeeping matter. We all owe @Aalvord2 a sincere "thank you" for putting this together. It quite obviously takes a shit ton of time and effort to assemble one of these passes and to oversee things from start to finish. I appreciate the opportunity to participate. Now, to business.

My intended takes:

Arturo Fuente Short Story Rare Pink
Montecristo #3 CC
Johnny's LC Corona Gorda

My intended puts:

Romeo y Julieta Wide Churchill CC
H. Upmann No. 2 CC
Liga Privada No. 9
Plasencia Cosecha 149

Please let me know if anyone has any issue with my intended takes and puts. I understand I will be receiving the package early next week, and I am prepared to accept it. I will do my best to get it on the way to @Nate1977 within 24 hours of receipt.

Thanks again.

John

Alright, my brothers! The time has come for the first "take-put" post in our Newbie Pass. First, a housekeeping matter. We all owe @Aalvord2 a sincere "thank you" for putting this together. It quite obviously takes a shit ton of time and effort to assemble one of these passes and to oversee things from start to finish. I appreciate the opportunity to participate. Now, to business.

My intended takes:

Arturo Fuente Short Story Rare Pink
Montecristo #3 CC
Johnny's LC Corona Gorda

My intended puts:

Romeo y Julieta Wide Churchill CC
H. Upmann No. 2 CC
Liga Privada No. 9
Plasencia Cosecha 149

Please let me know if anyone has any issue with my intended takes and puts. I understand I will be receiving the package early next week, and I am prepared to accept it. I will do my best to get it on the way to @Nate1977 within 24 hours of receipt.

Thanks again.

John

Are you guys good with the Takes-Puts?
@Nate1977
@CgarDan
@Mavric
@cabaiguan juan
@BurnBerry

@Smokemorestressless
@dawgie34203
@TexEagle
@StewNasty69
@Pugman1943

Last edited:
I believe everyone is good with the takes-puts. Moving forward with takes and puts, it seems getting everyone to respond isn’t going to be efficient in keeping this thing moving in a timely manner. If @Nate1977 is ok with it, I’d like for him and I to approve the takes and puts. If anyone sees something they don’t agree with, they’re more than welcome to voice their opinion. @JArtimez i will get this in the mail first thing tomorrow morning and I’ll tag you with the tracking information.

@Nate1977
@CgarDan
@Mavric
@cabaiguan juan
@BurnBerry
@Smokemorestressless
@dawgie34203
@TexEagle
@StewNasty69
@Pugman1943

Also, I will do my best to keep the original start sheet updated with what’s currently available with take options before it’s shipped to the next person. It has been updated with the new puts.