• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Training Cigar Pass-- For February 07-

sounds really cool, i'd be interested in joining if theres spots open. don't forget the insurance on the box? and D/C number

DO NOT waste your money on "insurance." Odds are you will never collect one dollar from the USPS since you need receipts.

Delivery Confirmation is good and if you use UPS or FedEx, they have a tracking system which is better.

I would recommend not having too many people in the pass, probably no more than 15 and definitely no more than 20. Too much of a chance for the cigars to get trashed with all those stops, traveling, etc.

Oh, one more thing, organize pass order geographically. ;)

Thanks conventrycat86!! Good info which will be implemented. I have to thank you guys who have done this before for dropping this advice. It is helping all of us newbies get a feel for this so when the real deal comes we have an idea what to expect. We will post as we go so feel free to let us know what we can do to do it better. Thanks again!!

Post your list of participants in your first post also..... Just copy, edit the first post, and paste the list....

Shane

Thanks shooter!!! We have the list posted and now are waiting for replies from the players to see if any switching needs to be done. Will post a list of the cigars next week.

I wouldn't print the labels ahead of time because some people may want to print their own PREPAID shipping label. Also too, sometimes the order changes or a person drops out.

No need to make specific arrangements for the replacement of the box. I've seen boxes go for an entire pass of 14+ people and do just fine and I've heard of boxes getting trashed out of the blue, it happens.

If someone doesn't use a label it not going to be a big deal, but I think having them in there would be nice, especially since we're almost all noobs and anything to make it go smoother will help. My .02

Justin

Looking forward to participating in this pass. I expect to be in early as I live in NY and we are starting there. I have some good smokes for you guys to try!

I wouldn't print the labels ahead of time because some people may want to print their own PREPAID shipping label. Also too, sometimes the order changes or a person drops out.

No need to make specific arrangements for the replacement of the box. I've seen boxes go for an entire pass of 14+ people and do just fine and I've heard of boxes getting trashed out of the blue, it happens.

If someone doesn't use a label it not going to be a big deal, but I think having them in there would be nice, especially since we're almost all noobs and anything to make it go smoother will help. My .02

Justin

And if someone uses a wrong label by accident and sends the pass to someone who either dropped out of the pass or was banned from here for being a lying, scamming asshat then it is indeed a big deal. I think there are less chances for errors if the person with the pass has to THINK before he sends the package along which includes writing the correct address on the box or printing his own label rather than grabbing the wrong label by accident.

I've only seen one or two passes where the past host had preprinted labels and I didn't use them because I either printed my own or sent the package via UPS.

Again, I would suggest that any pass host NOT include preprinted labels, just my opinion...

And if someone uses a wrong label by accident and sends the pass to someone who either dropped out of the pass or was banned from here for being a lying, scamming asshat then it is indeed a big deal. I think there are less chances for errors if the person with the pass has to THINK before he sends the package along which includes writing the correct address on the box or printing his own label rather than grabbing the wrong label by accident.

Never thought about that. Thanks for helping out.

I've only seen one or two passes where the past host had preprinted labels and I didn't use them because I either printed my own or sent the package via UPS.

Again, I would suggest that any pass host NOT include preprinted labels, just my opinion...

....agree 107% with CC but of course, a list of confirmed addresses in the document package is a very good idea... :cool:

This may be completely obvious, but the best passes I've been in had a good document package (usually in a manilla envelope) that had the following:

- Welcome letter / pass instructions (if there's anything unique about the pass)
- Pass participant list, with addresses, in order. Some guys would draw a single line through their addy once the pass leaves them.
- Contents list, numbered, with room to comment when the gars are taken
- Blank, lined pages for puts / takes as the pass goes on.
- Single cigar bags for puts.
- A couple of sharpies and a couple of pens
- A few spare USPS Priority stickers for the box

You're in good hands with NorCal..... :cool: Have fun, you guys - B.B.S.

I need to add one thing that all you newer guys need to know........ It is one word......

COMMUNICATION

Keep the pass host up to date one everything.... if you might be away for a couple of days or a family situation might arise. Just try your hardest to let people know what is going on.... I could get to a computer is not an excuse... Every library has access to the web...

Have fun !!

CC is dead on about the shipping labels, I used them in my first pass and when the pass came back home more than half were still in the box, unused. Just make sure you do have the "List of Participants" in the box and in the pass order. I'll also keep this information up to date on the first post in my passes.

BBS and bkcloud114 are also dead on with their posts. The other thing I don't include in my passes, anymore, is a list of cigars. I've seen those darn lists cause more confusion than its worth. A well organized host will keep the "Official List of Cigars" on the first post updated after each participants plays, in this way all participants can track the plays. Again, check out my iPass Blues pass for the method that I've been using for a few passes now.

Packaging of the cigars is also very important, you do not want any movement of the cigars once they are packed in the box. Nothing worst than getting back baggies of crumbled cigars.

:cool:

Thanks for the help guys. Like the order SJM. You still have my address, right?

I have it somewhere, but just to make sure, email me this way I have it all together.

To All,

Will put out the cigar list sometime this week. The smokes will be a variety. I am thinking of putting two cigars of each type to offer a better opportunity to catch something you may want. I am thinking in the range of 10 different smokes, two of each. Let me know what you think.

I have it somewhere, but just to make sure, email me this way I have it all together.

To All,

Will put out the cigar list sometime this week. The smokes will be a variety. I am thinking of putting two cigars of each type to offer a better opportunity to catch something you may want. I am thinking in the range of 10 different smokes, two of each. Let me know what you think.

this is a good call....every pass ive been in seems to start off with a large selection and only one of each chosen stick to begin and i never got what i wanted at the beginning... good call..miller!

one thing i dont understand is why you have so many non newbies in this pass.....the funny thing is the newbie who hasnt done a pass is you...intresting way to learn...im sure it will pay off for you!

Some very good advice here sax, you're well on your way. I'll bet you'll do just fine with the new guys. :thumbs:

Some very good advice here sax, you're well on your way. I'll bet you'll do just fine with the new guys. :thumbs:

Coventrycat 86, If this thing goes well, it will not be because of me. The guidance I have received has been tremedous. I am just thankful that all you experienced CP guys have the patience to help us out. Thanks.

. . . Those guys did something cool I will not be able to do unless we have a computer guy in the pass. They posted a map of the US and the locations of all the stops and updated the map as the pass progressed. We will just have to use old fashion English!!
Not necessarily. We could use Google Earth and "map out" our locations, then use that to figure out a sequence.
Thoughts?

SJM, where are we at with this?

I have the cigar list compiled and will hopefully post them this weekend. There are a few who have not yet emailed me a good name and addresss . Please do so if you haven't. Again, if there are any time constraints, times you may not be available for the pass, email that information also as that will determine when this will kick off in Feb. The cigar list should have something for everybody!!

SJM, where are we at with this?

I have the cigar list compiled and will hopefully post them this weekend. There are a few who have not yet emailed me a good name and addresss . Please do so if you haven't. Again, if there are any time constraints, times you may not be available for the pass, email that information also as that will determine when this will kick off in Feb. The cigar list should have something for everybody!!

I have PMed you...as your email is listed as private, i havent gotten a reply, so i am not sure if you got when i will be out of town, or my address.