• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

newbies cigarbid experience

interscape

Well I figured I would give cbid a shot thought I would share my experience. First off we have a bundle Consuegra’s. I think I went through 5 before I could get one to light/burn worth a crap so I broke out a coat hanger, took some steel wool, cleaned the lacquer off and ran it down the middle. Now I have what appears to be a hair hanging out. I tried to pull the “hair” out and it turns out to be some sort of plastic ribbon 3 inches long. The only thing I can compare it to is when you take a cassette tape (remember those?) and pull it trying to break it, it gets real narrow just before it breaks. Great! So I wonder just what I was smoking in the previous 5. Blah…Believe it or not none of the first 5 was too tasty. I saved the stick and mystery filler if anybody is a cigar forensicologist, I will send them to ya.
cig%20009.jpg

cig%20016.jpg

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=401606

Next are 5 Vegas. These light fine, burn fine and taste fine. But I happen to look at the band and the printing is off. Are these just seconds, poor quality control or is somebody producing fake $2 cigars?

cig%20015.jpg

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=405301

Lastly are Sherpa’s by Gurka or so it said in the auction. Nothing much to bitch about here except the bands on these look like they were printed on somebody’s computer. That and they don’t burn real evenly.

cig%20011.jpg

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=403333

edited for grammer

This will teach you about buying from a non-reputable source on cbid.

This will teach you about buying from a non-reputable source on cbid.

HUH? ???

I have heard about "stuff" and "strings" in some cheaper cigars. I beleive I even read somewhere on this board about a Fuente suffering this problem. Never had this happen to me . . . unless I did not notice and just smoked it up. ???

The 5 Vegas are just what you said . . . cheap $2 cigars. I am sure nobody would bother making fake 5 Vegas. The bad printing on the band is probably one of the "cheaper" things about this cigar.

The Sherpas are not bad cheap cigars often found in c-bid. Bands are not fancy and neither is their contruction. Your experience does not sound like anything new to me.

If you got good deals on the Vegas and Sherpa enjoy them. I would ask about returning the Connies - call Customer Service.

I found a similar string in a cigar that I purchased at my local B&M. I took it back, and he gave me another cigar. Have been leery of that brand ever since, although from what I have read, here and other places, it's not all that rare an incident.

I was told that it, generally, is a string that was used to tie the bundled tobacco together, and somehow, it worked its way into the cigar.

Maybe the roller was having a bad day, or just decided to pass along a "surprise".

I found a similar string in a cigar that I purchased at my local B&M. I took it back, and he gave me another cigar. Have been leery of that brand ever since, although from what I have read, here and other places, it's not all that rare an incident.

I was told that it, generally, is a string that was used to tie the bundled tobacco together, and somehow, it worked its way into the cigar.

Maybe the roller was having a bad day, or just decided to pass along a "surprise".

A string "surprise":

th_T100-1b.jpg

A string "surprise":

th_T100-1b.jpg

OH DEAR GOD! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Fanny floss? I would hope that string wasn't in any one's fanny prior to smoking.