• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newguy - How exactly does a WishList work ?

Set-In-Stone

The Dude Abides
I noticed that people have these wish lists that others try to help out. I had made a short one in my About Me section...but not sure if its setup right? My question would be, (and Im sure its been asked 1,000s of times but I couldn't really find a good read up on it - sorry) how exactly does this "wishlist" thing work. How do you receive and contribute, and is it good practice to let the people know what you are sending or what you have received from people ? Any information on this issue would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks

You are kind of new and your post will probably raise some flags.
I am not sure of your motivation. There is a reason there is a four month rule.

After you have been here the allotted time and have got to know some of the guys here, pick one and hit them.
There is no greater joy( other than kids of course) than following a package across the country and knowing when one of your brothers gets home they will be so stoked.

Only some get it. I hope you can be one of them.

ETA Here is an example. Click here

The Wish List thread is just that, a place to post what cigars you wish you could try. It's been known to happen that people see a wish list in that thread or in your profile and send one or more sticks on the list out of the blue to that person. Contents of these packages, or "bombs", are generally not discussed. When sending a package to someone, some people like it to be a total surprise while others like to playfully announce something is about to land. Either way, the contents are not discussed. When receiving a package, you can post a thread thanking the person for the contents or simply send them a private message saying thanks. Again, contents are usually not discussed. Here's a recently bumped thread explaining some view points on discussing content of bombs. Hope this helps.

They work just like Christmas wishlists. Don't expect anything off of it and be grateful when you receive a tie. :D

After you have been here the allotted time and have got to know some of the guys here, pick one and hit them.
There is no greater joy( other than kids of course) than following a package across the country and knowing when one of your brothers gets home they will be so stoked.

Sorry, didn't mean to raise flags, and there is no motivation. Just curious ? I wasn't aware of the 4 month rule, I'd thought I read all the rules. I appreciate your insight and will wait a while longer before asking any more questions. . . Thanks for your help.

Sorry, didn't mean to raise flags, and there is no motivation. Just curious ? I wasn't aware of the 4 month rule, I'd thought I read all the rules. I appreciate your insight and will wait a while longer before asking any more questions. . . Thanks for your help.

Aut, You did the right thing if you researched first before asking your question. The ball busting and flag raising is our way of weeding out the scumbags that show up looking for a handout or a source. I already know that you are neither of those things but it will take the rest of the community a little longer to make their decision.

Aut, You did the right thing if you researched first before asking your question. The ball busting and flag raising is our way of weeding out the scumbags that show up looking for a handout or a source. I already know that you are neither of those things but it will take the rest of the community a little longer to make their decision.

If Jim says you're a good dude, I'll buy it. Welcome to the board, hope you stick around for a long time and enjoy.

If Jim says you're a good dude, I'll buy it. Welcome to the board, hope you stick around for a long time and enjoy.

Thanks Bsneed51 -

It feels good to have a little support just starting out. I can promise everyone that I have nothing but good intentions and wish to do nothing but get my feet wet, learn as much as possible and hopefully down the road be able to contribute to the community here at CP.

Welcome aboard Austen, remember to read more and post less and you'll find your bearings.

Watch out for a guy name SoulDog, he's full of tricks and will try and seduce you.

He did me... :love:

-Jimmy