• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Next Question: Favorite Lighter

IMG_8701.JPG I use a vertigo cyclone that I have had for a few years and doesn't light every time anymore. I picked up a jet line a few weeks back. It is a really good lighter for nine dollars. At times I wonder what I'm missing out on by not having an expensive lighter

View attachment 13786 I use a vertigo cyclone that I have had for a few years and doesn't light every time anymore. I picked up a jet line a few weeks back. It is a really good lighter for nine dollars. At times I wonder what I'm missing out on by not having an expensive lighter
Devil Doc said it well.

You are missing out on aggravation.

I have half a dozen, some leaning towards a good bit more money.

I always reach for one of the Jet Line triple flames. Always lights, great burn. Beat not to death but banged around.

Works great!

I have enough aggravations in life to have a lighter add to it. I'll enjoy my cheap reliable lighter. When it starts acting up like my vertigo. I will buy another jet line or vertigo. Supposedly, the jet line has a lifetime warranty. I can bring it to my smoke shop and they will just replace it.

I've got a bad habit of buying new fancy lighters and having them fail on me.

My favorite before was a st dupont minijet. Beautiful lighter, but now it leaks immediately after filling and is scary as hell to light. Out of warranty and the authorized repair shop wants $75 plus $15 shipping... the cost of a new one on sale.

After that my daily was a Fuente opus x prometheus table lighter. Spring got dislodged or something and now won't light. $25 to fix.

Xikar EX soft x 2 and torch. All 3 need to go in.

Right now my absolute favorite because it simply works every damn time is my Montecristo RyJ soft flame. Looks and feels like a Dupont and simply works.

The only lighter worth owning is a Zippo. I don't care what the snobs say. It doesn't contaminate your cigar if your patient. I've got some Zippos that are forty years old and still work like new, even in the wind and cold temps. Damn things are guaranteed for a life time. Only thing is, whose lifetime are they talking about.

Doc

The only lighter worth owning is a Zippo. I don't care what the snobs say. It doesn't contaminate your cigar if your patient. I've got some Zippos that are forty years old and still work like new, even in the wind and cold temps. Damn things are guaranteed for a life time. Only thing is, whose lifetime are they talking about.

My dad says the same thing.

After replacing my big triple flame Xikar table lighter I keep in my car for the third time, I tried a Vertigo "Glock Triple Torch Lighter" I read about. Got good reviews and I picked it up on Amazon for about 11 bucks....huge fuel reserve that got me all the way through IPCPR with one fill, totally clear so you know exactly how much is there, big adjuster wheel. Going on about 4 months without an issue.

View attachment 13786 I use a vertigo cyclone that I have had for a few years and doesn't light every time anymore. I picked up a jet line a few weeks back. It is a really good lighter for nine dollars. At times I wonder what I'm missing out on by not having an expensive lighter
I see you have a wee one in your home. Good luck. Be extra kind to your lady. :)

I see you have a wee one in your home. Good luck. Be extra kind to your lady. :)
The little one is the reason I don't get to smoke earlier in the day. My daughter is amazing only 17 months. My wife is also amazing for putting up with me.