• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Next two...

BrewMeister

The Titus Pullo of CP
Hello all,

Thanks to the great participates in the Newbie Trade thread, I have lined up the two pictured sticks for my weekend smokes. Just thought it demonstrated the vast variation of smokes out there. One is the largest cigar I've ever held, and other one of the smallest. So wish me luck, my first puff of either brand smoke, but I've heard great things about the ASHTONS.

next2.jpg

84.gif

That Ashton is a great little smoke,very strong and a ton of flavor in such a small package. I have no experience with the Gurka.

That Ashton is a great little smoke,very strong and a ton of flavor in such a small package. I have no experience with the Gurka.

You won't be disappointed with the Gurkha either, I find them to be excellent. Enjoy!

That Ashton Tres Mystique is a good solid flavor powerhouse... you won't be dissapointed... no experience with the Gurkhas, I got a Legend and a Regent in the Humi getting some age on em :D

I've had nothing but good things from Ashton, and I've enjoyed most of the Gurkha's that I have smoked as well. Now, the one you have pictured there "Dos Capas" (sp) is a fairly new stick I believe.

I hope you have several of them so you can age some and compare at a later time.
Just some food for thought......

JV

Well an update, smoked that massive GURKA this morning, WOW quite a morning smoke! It took me three-and-half cups of coffee to finish it. Very good,
36_1_11.gif
different flavors as it went, & certainly a full flavored stick, it never turned harsh. So on to the petite ASHTON this evening.
I'm very much looking forward to it.

Tim,
So how was the Ashton?? That is a stick that I have been interested in trying myself..

BrewMeister said:
Well an update, smoked that massive GURKA this morning, WOW quite a morning smoke! It took me three-and-half cups of coffee to finish it. Very good,
36_1_11.gif
different flavors as it went, & certainly a full flavored stick, it never turned harsh. So on to the petite ASHTON this evening.
I'm very much looking forward to it.
[snapback]235908[/snapback]​

I agree with your assessment of the Ghurka.. thanks to my "bomb" package from CigarSarge, I got to try one this weekend, also. Mine wasn't quite that big, but, heck, size doesn't matter, right :whistling:

It was a good smoke. Interesting combination of flavors, don't know if I can accurately describe it. Slightly peppery, with a sort of bitter finish? Not a BAD bitter, but just a sort of bite. I'll probably try more of them as time and finances permit.

Hello Nate,

Well things got busy last evening and we had some unexpected company. So the petite Ashton is still aging in my humidor, I want to save it for a time when I can really kick-back and enjoy it. I'll be sure and let you know as soon as it is fired up...
pellesmoke.gif
I am also anxious to see what its all about, it and the Diamond Crown Maximus.

natejustice said:
Tim,
So how was the Ashton?? That is a stick that I have been interested in trying myself..

[snapback]236079[/snapback]​

Hello all,

Well I finally got to the ASHTON VSG, what a fantastic Smoke!
s1gyahoo.gif

I'd have to say that this stick warrants a number 5 on my rating system. One of the first number 5's for me.

ashton_vsg_nub.gif

A very very smooth flavor with a very unique, almost sweet but not, all the way to the nub!
woohoo.gif

My rating system:
*****(5). Order more now, and keep on hand.
****(4). Order some, when I want a little variety in the humidor.
***(3). I'd smoke it if it was handed to me.
**(2). Keep to give to moochers
*(1). Dog Rocket - Stay away from these.

Thanks goes to CoventryCat86 for sending it to me... I'll be on the look-out for ASHTON VSG henceforth!

Tim,

Thanks for the review, I have been awaiting this :) I think I may have to pick one of these up and give it a try myself, it has been on my list to try.. nice pic, you really nubbed it :D

nate

The Ashton VSG is a great smoke. Lots of flavor and a good punch. I haven't had the pleasure of the Gurkha yet.

BrewMeister said:
Hello Nate,

Well things got busy last evening and we had some unexpected company. So the petite Ashton is still aging in my humidor, I want to save it for a time when I can really kick-back and enjoy it. I'll be sure and let you know as soon as it is fired up...
pellesmoke.gif
I am also anxious to see what its all about, it and the Diamond Crown Maximus.
[snapback]236129[/snapback]​
Let us know how the Maximus is. I have one aging in my humi that was a recommendation from my local cigar shop. I'm pretty anxious to try it but havent had the time.

BrewMeister said:
ASHTONS.

next2.jpg

84.gif

[snapback]235692[/snapback]​

I guess inflation has caught up with things here, people used to use quarters.

Wow,

Nice smokes and nice review. I always appreciate the pics. The Ashton Tres Mystique was the one little bad-boy that started me on my road to VSG ruin. There's no turning back now. ;)

Wilkey