• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NHL, 2011-12 season

Wow, Big Bert with the ole' Spin-a-rama in the shoot out to best the Yotes. Heck of a move for such a specimen!

Well...it's been awhile since someone posted here, so let me say....

How 'bout dem Rangers!

I was shocked at the outcome of the Bruins game. Let's see if they can keep this up!

Let's talk about Montreal and what a bunch of classless fans they have. Now I know Z has a history there but you don't cheer when a guy takes a puck to the face.

Doc

Ouch Longdraw, Tonight's loss against the Coyotes must be one hell of a stinger. I watched the whole game. Mike Smith didn't even look good, but LA just looked hesitant, and soft. I guess they should have gone up 5-0 instead of 3-0.

The 1st period the Kings were on fire. Aggressive in the offensive zone and, would you look at that, they managed to score goals! And then the defense went to sleep and let the Yotes back into the game.

Well, they just wouldn't be the Kings if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot any chance they got. :angry:

Ouch Longdraw, Tonight's loss against the Coyotes must be one hell of a stinger. I watched the whole game. Mike Smith didn't even look good, but LA just looked hesitant, and soft. I guess they should have gone up 5-0 instead of 3-0.

Yes, that hurt very much. Just ask my TV. Reminded me of game 3 playoffs with the SJ Stinks last year. And again last night with only one goal. I know Quick is our MVP but I might have rested him at the start with back to back road games. Quite a few teams make the playoffs in this game, but if we miss I am used to being an LA fan. Including the St. Louis Rams. Good luck to your yotes.

I'm a wings fan myself, but that game was weird. LA took them to the shed the first period, and then it looked like they were physically intimidated by the yotes after that. Maybe LA needs some bigger bruisers...

Well, looks like Mike Richards and Jeff Carter are being reunited. Interesting. I hope whatever caused them to be broken up doesn't happen again here in L.A. Looking forward to whatever speed and goals he can bring to the Kings. Sad to see JMFJ go, but with the Kings defense so strong (last two games excluded), figured one or two of them might be departing. He's a good D-man but still has some maturing to do. His +/- has never been good but he's shown in brief spurts throughout the past couple years that when Doughty has been out, Johnson stepped up his game big time. Unfortunately his game seems to come back down when Doughty gets back. I think Columbus will like his presence at the blueline, but he's also still prone to boneheaded mistakes. Given the right mix of desire, playing time, role, and team, the ceiling for him is a top-pairing, physical D-man with a pretty good shot. Don't really know if he'll ever get to that ceiling, though.

Oh, he's also pretty good in the shootout and has a wickedly quick deke move.

Well, looks like Mike Richards and Jeff Carter are being reunited. Interesting. I hope whatever caused them to be broken up doesn't happen again here in L.A. Looking forward to whatever speed and goals he can bring to the Kings. Sad to see JMFJ go, but with the Kings defense so strong (last two games excluded), figured one or two of them might be departing. He's a good D-man but still has some maturing to do. His +/- has never been good but he's shown in brief spurts throughout the past couple years that when Doughty has been out, Johnson stepped up his game big time. Unfortunately his game seems to come back down when Doughty gets back. I think Columbus will like his presence at the blueline, but he's also still prone to boneheaded mistakes. Given the right mix of desire, playing time, role, and team, the ceiling for him is a top-pairing, physical D-man with a pretty good shot. Don't really know if he'll ever get to that ceiling, though.

Yeah, I think this is a major move. I surprised, as Jack Johnson was being heralded as the second coming when they drafted him. I don't think he looked bad, but I'm just surprised they didn't give him more time to develop into his potential.

Jeff Carter and Richards were one hell of a powerhouse three years back when they were blasting goals virtually every game. We'll see if they bring the magic back, although they are both centers and won't be on the same line.

Yeah, I think this is a major move. I surprised, as Jack Johnson was being heralded as the second coming when they drafted him. I don't think he looked bad, but I'm just surprised they didn't give him more time to develop into his potential.

Jeff Carter and Richards were one hell of a powerhouse three years back when they were blasting goals virtually every game. We'll see if they bring the magic back, although they are both centers and won't be on the same line.

Johnson has been given a good amount of time to develop here in LA. He's been given ample time (both in years and ice time) to grow. The problem is 1) as serviceable as he is, he still falls short of his potential. With Doughty out, Johnson shines. Why he won't shine with Doughty back in, nobody knows. He has the tools and potential to become a Rob Blake type but I still think it's a few years off in the future for him if he ever puts it all together. 2) He's also cut from similar cloth as Doughty. Dynamic, steady D-men who can drop bombs from the blueline. Unfortunately for JMFJ, Doughty is just better. If the Kings were scoring at will, the team would still have the two. But with a move needing to be made to get offense and you already have your franchise d-man locked up to a long term contract as well as other d-men waiting in the wings (Voynov, Martinez, Drewiske, Hickey, etc...) to fill the void...Johnson became expendable.

As for Carter, I'd imagine he'll play wing, but I could be wrong. You have 3 legit centers with Kopitar, Richards, and now Carter. Unless you play one of them on the 3rd line, you're probably gonna rotate either Richards or Carter on the wing. Hmmm, a line of Carter - Kopitar - Richards might be awesome or terrible.

Kings are tops in the Pacific and in the 3rd spot (for now). They are peaking at the right time but the schedule doesn't get any easier. The big bad Bruins come in tomorrow. Doc, you guys are going down!!!

Yeah baby! Big Bert with the shootout winner against the blues! Holding onto home advantage!

GO WINGS!

Kings are tops in the Pacific and in the 3rd spot (for now). They are peaking at the right time but the schedule doesn't get any easier. The big bad Bruins come in tomorrow. Doc, you guys are going down!!!

Who would have thought that Simmonds would have more goals and points than Richards when they made this trade?? 28 goals is something I would have never thought with him, plus, the kid is tough. What's so neat about this is that Simmonds was the throw in for the trade with Schenn being the center peice.

I think Voracek and Couterier was a nice swap for Carter also...

Simmonds has been a beast this year! I think Holmgren really knew what he was doing when he asked for him in that trade. He started on their third line and quickly moved up into the top six. Interesting, his last year in LA he saw 13:27 average ice time total and :51 on the PP per game while in Philly he's averaged 15:55 TOI and 3:12 on the PP. Talk about building confidence!

There has been some awesome hockey as of late: Philly/Pittsburgh and Ranger/Bruins on Sunday and the SJ/LA game tonight! Cant wait for the the rematch of Philly/Pittsburgh and SJ/LA on Saturday!!!

Anyone catch Ryane Clowe playing the puck from his bench tonight?? Cant believe not one official caught that!

It sure would, and a bunch of crazy storylines considering all the connections the two teams have. What the hell is up with the Flyers? Something like 3,000 goals in the past 3 games?