• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nice find while on a trip in the Caribbean! Pictures attached.

maduro89

Straight Razors and Whisky
So as everyone knows, while on a cruise, it is tough to find authentic Cuban cigars. I was on a week long cruise last week for my girlfriend's birthday and my graduation.. and let me tell you.. counterfeits EVERYWHERE. My first stop was Cozumel, Mexico. I was ecstatic leaving the ship to go to the duty free shop and get some Habanos.. but alas, they didn't have any. One of the gentlemen working asked me if I was looking for Habanos because I looked so disappointed there weren't any in their selection. So he told me to go to this shopping center not to far from port and to ask for "Jairo." So I trotted on over and found him. He took me to his "humidor" and showed me his selection. They were all fake. He had a "fake" section with the glass top Cohibas and a "real" section with the same exact cigars from the glass top Cohibas but in wooden boxes. I would have taken pictures but he didn't let me. I didn't want to call him out so I said no thank you and left. All his prices were exuberant, $20-$45 a stick for the Cohibas, Romeo and Julietas and Montecristos. Feeling defeated I went to the beach and just smoked a Dominican Cuesta-Rey Centario I bought at the duty free shop from the ship. The next day I arrived at Grand Cayman. I got off not really feeling the need to find another shop just to be disappointed a second time. However the port shops were beautiful (and much more legit looking than Cozumel's port shops) and lo and behold there is a shop! As per forum rules I can't disclose the name of the shop but it was the real deal! I went in and a white woman with a beautiful Caribbean (kinda Jamaican) accent greeted me. I was in heaven.. Habanos upon Habanos.. all the big brands and some small brands.  I was on a budget so I scoured through all the cigars to see what I could get. All her prices were at market with none of those American-tourist-can't-buy-Cubans-in-the-USA-so-because-of-supply-and-demand-I should-be-ripped-off-for-a-otherwise-fairly-common-cigar markups. I found a box of Romeo y Julieta Romeo No. 2 tubos for $65 USD and a Cohiba (sorry I can't remember what kind it was) a Bolivar No. 3 and a Quientero. I have never heard of the Quinteros but that baby was a GOOD cigar! in all I spent about $98 for 12 sticks. I did't take a picture of the two separate sticks because I smoked them right away, I did keep the labels though. All in all I'm happy with my find, and my almost full week of smoking Habanos in paradise! Happy graduation to me indeed.  

grateful1 said:
Fakes!

;)
Obviously.  That big chit eating grin on his face would make you think he is happy about something.  Your not fooling anyone here. :D

I'm headed out on a cruise this April for the Caribbean for 4 nights. Looking forward to seeing the thieves and legitimate joints myself.

Back