• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nice Place you have here

bhaney

Hello all, nice place you all have here. I guess I would be considered the the latest newbie to the forum. I had my first cigar when I was 18, it was a swisher sweet (everyone point and laugh). I didn't much care for the taste then, but it was the experience that I enjoyed. A couple of years down the road me and some friends discovered a tobacco shop near where we lived. We would go there and buy cigars but none of us knew what we were buying. Fast forward to about 4 months ago. A friend of mine got married and as tradition we all went together and got cigars for the reception. Except this time we didnt get the swishers we normally do, we ended up with a box of Punch Grand Puros. 8 years after smoking that first swisher I finally was able to come to appreciate a fine cigar.

Well, now I am hooked. I purchased my first humidor and have been frequenting the 2 tobacco shops near where I work. I buy a couple of sticks at a time and have been trying to refine my taste. I have been trying different brands, different countries, different wrappers.

So far I have been drawn to the taste of the maduros. Seems like when I pick out a 4 or 5 sticks that 3 to 4 of them are maduro wrapped. Punch has been my favoite brand so far, I haven't had a bad one yet. Indian Tabac has also caught my fancy as well. But I still have many more to try, I havent even scratched the surface.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I look forward to any and all advice you are willing to dispence to me and this wonderfull new hobby. And I hope that I can contribute some information when I can.

Brandon Haney

greets, brandon!

'tis a nice place, here.
info-o-plenty and a great community.

enjoy.

Welcome to CP :thumbs:

Look under the "Buy/Sell/Group Trade" forum for the "Newbie Sampler Trade" thread and sign up. This the most cost effective way for you to get a sampler of nice cigars. :thumbs:

If you've never heard of a "coolerdor" read up on 'em, you'll need one before you know it :laugh:

Welcome to CP! :D

Does my avatar offend you? :laugh:

Welcome...if you like maduros try the Padron Anniversary Series Maduros...mmm

Ian Hannah

Leebo8-9-8 said:

[snapback]172391[/snapback]​

Yes!! LOL

Just don't shack his hand!! LOL :laugh:

Welcome from SC!!!

Leebo8-9-8 said:

[snapback]172391[/snapback]​

Hah hah, not at all my friend, not at all.

I have been looking into the coolidor. I haven't started buying boxes yet, but when I do, I will definately look into one of these. I can get borderline obsessive compulsive when I get into something so I have a feeling it wont take long.

Thanks for the tip on the sample thread, I will definately look into that.

Thanks for all the welcomes folks, I look forward to being part of this community.

Welcome Brandon.....

Coolidor is the way to go if ya plan on staying here

bhaney said:
I can get borderline obsessive compulsive when I get into something so I have a feeling it wont take long.

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this. LOL

Hope you have your finances in order! And, well, everyone else knows what I am thinking.

Fortunately my wife will keep me in check and won't let me go too far overboard.

That's what the CC is for.
Oh I hope you don't discover Cigar Bid!!
Oops. Now I did it. The dark side has you know. LOL :)

Welcome from Chattanooga! As was done for me in my intro thread, here's a little info for you:

CBid is addictive, more so than crack
CC can't spell
MattR is quite the shy, conservative fellow
Leebo is an ass ;)
KayakinBoy can't swim
People love moochers
SamClemmons has no sense of humor
Learn to use the Search button
We all hate poker
We all love popcorn

Eric