• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

No more USPS flat rate VHS size boxes?

hoshnasi

Hobbling hero
I received plenty of these boxes in the past, however when I went to pick some up from the post office they said "We're out and I doubt we will have them again." Same story on the USPS store. Is that size discontinued? The smallest thing I see now is the 11 1/2 x 3 1/2 boxes, which would require quite a bit of peanuts to fill when bombing :)

I received plenty of these boxes in the past, however when I went to pick some up from the post office they said "We're out and I doubt we will have them again." Same story on the USPS store. Is that size discontinued? The smallest thing I see now is the 11 1/2 x 3 1/2 boxes, which would require quite a bit of peanuts to fill when bombing :)

Look here:

Link1

Link2

These work well together if you prefer to double box. :thumbs:

Yeah - I was at the PO on Monday sending my end of a trade. The cigars were double bagged and ready to go, but no boxes. All the lady was offering me was a huge $8 box.

Order 'em free online at the USPS website. Pretty sure they're still available there. That's where I got my last 50. :cool:

click here

Thanks for the reminder... I'm down to 2 and need to order some more.

Just ordered and it went through, no problem. :thumbs:

I'll look again, but I don't recall seeing a "VHS" sized flat rate box. The $8.10 size is in attendance, but I can't recall anything smaller. It just so happens that most every cargo I (and others) pack in the smaller box weighs less than a pound, so the $4.05 postage rate is pretty common.

I will check - B.B.S.

Edit - It's as I remember. The "small" priority box is their number 0-1096S and is 8.625 x 5.375 x 1.625. Their "large" box is 9.25 x 6.25 x 2. Both these seem to fit in a regular mailbox just fine but are not flat rate boxes.