• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

No one stays with their teams anymore NHL!

Goalee1

I'm really not liking all the trades that happen every year. I collect game worn goalie jerseys and so many guys move teams from year to year. I just read that the Stars aren't offering Modano a contract. Thats just wrong. A guy who's been with the team his whole career?? What gives G1

You win, and now you have to deal with Salary Cap. Sad to see some players go.

"The Toronto Maple Leafs acquired right winger Kris Versteeg from the Stanley Cup champion Chicago in a five-player trade Wednesday, the Blackhawks' latest move in a series of salary-cap deals."

The salary cap is clearly a big factor contributing to this phenomenon. Dallas wants to win again. And they need to make room under the cap if they are going to put together a team that can do it for them. But teams aren't built the way they used to be. If you look at the trends, particularly in free agency signings and trade deadline moves, you see teams building for single playoff runs at a time. We likely won't see many, if any, more dynasties like the Canadians of the 50s, the Canadians of the 70s, the Islanders of the 80s or the Oilers of the 80s. Instead, we get teams like Tampa, Carolina, or Anaheim popping up from nowhere to win a Cup and then promptly returning to the bottom of their conference standings the following year.

While I agree with the concept of the cap it is a shame seeing teams having to let so many young guys go and teams afraid to sign veterans for fear they may retire and still count against the cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.....and the Flyers sign Jody Shelley....

*shakes head*

what's next, a trade for Sean Avery??

Well they both make for great quotes.

I just can't understand why they'd let Arron Asham (who made $640,000 last year) go when he can actually contribute, to sign Jody Shelley to a 3 year $3.3 million dollar contract. I can understand them wanting to uphold the "Broad Street Bullies" persona, but they could have had Asham for the same or a little less and he knows the system, is a gritty player himself, and will give you 8-10 goals on the 4th line. I guess our new 4th line will be Laperriere, Carcillo, and Shelley. They might scare the hell out of teams, but it won't be for their offensive prowess.

At least you've finally solved that goalie situation that's been an issue since Hextall left. :sign: