• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Noob looking for a nice bottle of wine

drew_goring

Big Bad Mother F*cker!
I am probably going to get a nice bottle of wine for an xmas gift, but know nothing about wine. Could somebody give me a few suggestions on what to buy for around $50 (CAD) a bottle? The person who this gift is for is fairly serious about wine.

Thanks

I am not really a wine drinker, but I have found a fondness for port wines. There aresome REALLY good ports that are less than 50 USD, however, I have found that all do not like the ports'.

Galway Pipe, or an aged Fonseca are a couple that I like.

I am probably going to get a nice bottle of wine for an xmas gift, but know nothing about wine. Could somebody give me a few suggestions on what to buy for around $50 (CAD) a bottle? The person who this gift is for is fairly serious about wine.

Thanks

Your going to have to break it down a little ..... what varietal? sweet, dry? young, old?

If it's a gift for someone who doesn't really know their wine you could go for something with a pedigree that they may recognize. Or pull something from the Wine Spectators Top 100 list, we drank the #1 wine from last years list yesterday afternoon. If they are wino's then surprise them with something special and unusual or even something on the rarer side. You "do" after all know someone in CA that may be able to help you out with one of those hard to find, and will probably never find at your local retailer :whistling: .

:cool:

Thanks

Your going to have to break it down a little ..... what varietal? sweet, dry? young, old?

If it's a gift for someone who doesn't really know their wine you could go for something with a pedigree that they may recognize. Or pull something from the Wine Spectators Top 100 list, we drank the #1 wine from last years list yesterday afternoon. If they are wino's then surprise them with something special and unusual or even something on the rarer side. You "do" after all know someone in CA that may be able to help you out with one of those hard to find, and will probably never find at your local retailer :whistling: .

:cool:

I think they are fairly serious about it.

I really have no idea about wine, but in the future would like to get in to it. Feel free to PM me with any suggestions and help. I am lost here. :thumbs: