• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nording I just bought

Franco593

I just got this Nording pipe on Ebay for $39...it is used but for my first Briar I wasn't going to break the bank.

8637_2.jpg

Not sure If that's a great deal or not.

If any of you guys can shed some light on this that would be great.

Thanks,
Frank

I have a Nording identical to that pipe and it's been a great smoker. Nice score for your first briar!!

Wups!! My bad, mine's a Stanwell. But I haven't found a Nording yet that was a bad smoker.

I'm really starting to like the Bulldogs :thumbs:

Me too. I think my first pipe purchase will be a bent Bulldog. I just love that shape.

I'm guessing that's the shape/style of the pipe I just bought?

Yes, that is correct. It's commonly referred to as a Bulldog.

Based on the symbol (it looks like an S) I'd say it may be a savinelli. But a micro-view photo would help me identify the brand, line and finish style, as you already know the shape style.

I'm really starting to like the Bulldogs :thumbs:

Me too. I think my first pipe purchase will be a bent Bulldog. I just love that shape.

I'm guessing that's the shape/style of the pipe I just bought?

Yes, that is correct. It's commonly referred to as a Bulldog.

Based on the symbol (it looks like an S) I'd say it may be a savinelli. But a micro-view photo would help me identify the brand, line and finish style, as you already know the shape style.

Their were (3) other pictures in the listing. One clearly showed the Nording Stamp in the wood. That much I'm sure of. Now to figure out what exact model it is.

Thanks for the Info Jake

Well, I guess I missed the title of the thread. :blush: :laugh:

It is a Bulldog though as Brandon pointed out. Typically a shorter stem, and fatter/ thicker bowl with a tapered head.

The same style without the tapered heads, are typically called Authors. Like the one I have here (On the top)

305779472.jpg

Seeing as your pipe is used with a nice light grain finish, maybe some buffering/ polishing might bring the finish out again!

Well, I guess I missed the title of the thread. :blush: :laugh:

It is a Bulldog though as Brandon pointed out. Typically a shorter stem, and fatter/ thicker bowl with a tapered head.

The same style without the tapered heads, are typically called Authors. Like the one I have here (On the top)

305779472.jpg

Seeing as your pipe is used with a nice light grain finish, maybe some buffering/ polishing might bring the finish out again!

Actually once it arrives I intend to do just that. I'll post a pic if it comes out nice..

Nice looking pipe. Nording pipes are very good smokers and are quite nice to look at as well. That's a great pick up for $39 as long as the interior of the bowl is in good shape. :thumbs:

Nice looking pipe. Nording pipes are very good smokers and are quite nice to look at as well. That's a great pick up for $39 as long as the interior of the bowl is in good shape. :thumbs:

Thats good to know...thanks for the feedback :thumbs:

Nice pipe! I paid more in tax, then you paid for the whole pipe.
I need to shop a little better next time!

What does the number 12 mean on the bottom of a Nording pipe?

Thanks!

Franco, THIS has been a really good guide for me to learn all the different pipe shapes and variations among them. There are probably better databases out there but this is a pretty good starting point on shapes/names of pipes.

Nice pipe! I paid more in tax, then you paid for the whole pipe.
I need to shop a little better next time!

What does the number 12 mean on the bottom of a Nording pipe?

Thanks!

Franco, THIS has been a really good guide for me to learn all the different pipe shapes and variations among them. There are probably better databases out there but this is a pretty good starting point on shapes/names of pipes.

King,
I actually received the pipe last night and did not see a number 12 on it? Where did you see that?

Moe,
thats for the info/Link....good info

]

King,
I actually received the pipe last night and did not see a number 12 on it? Where did you see that?

Sorry its on my Nording.
I am a thread stealer.

I have a Nording apple that I dearly love. Bought it on E-bay. I dropped and broke the stem but was able to have it sent out to be repaired.