• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not fun

Sorry Ray, that you're going through that. That's always my worry, is that something will happen to my good eye. Glad you're on the mend.

If you don't mind me asking, how was it being blind for 8 days? I'm losing sight/colors in my left eye from cancer, but going blind is always in the back of my mind.
This was actually my 2nd time. The first was a reaction to new meds that was a week long and that was bad because I put the drops in that night and woke up with my eyes swelled shut with no idea what the hell was going on. Luckily I had lots of leftovers and I knew exactly where my cans of soup, chili and Hash were so while every can was a surprise I didn't starve. I gave myself a week before I would attempt to leave the house and after 5 days I could tell if it was light or dark out, after 6 I started to make out shapes and after 7 could just barely see my phone call to take me to the emergency room.

This time i noticed the redness, puffiness and increase in watering on day one, on day 2 I called the VA who said to come in ASAP. Called my sister who came up the next morning and by that time I was blind. They admitted me for tests/treatment and decided I probably transferred something from one of my eyedrop bottles touching my eyeball. Got an eyepatch so I wouldn't be trying to see, a bunch of new meds and was told to come back in 6 days. My sister took ne home and I was a mushroom just eating and listening to the radio or audio books until they cleared me and I got back home. Still not 100% but probably will be tomorrow.

Dare I say it's still better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick?

Had my share of misfortune lately, and all you can try to do is laugh. Did you by any chance serve in the first gulf war? Seems like a lot of my Marine buddies have either had lung or eye issues (or both).

Hope you're doing ok brother!

This was actually my 2nd time. The first was a reaction to new meds that was a week long and that was bad because I put the drops in that night and woke up with my eyes swelled shut with no idea what the hell was going on. Luckily I had lots of leftovers and I knew exactly where my cans of soup, chili and Hash were so while every can was a surprise I didn't starve. I gave myself a week before I would attempt to leave the house and after 5 days I could tell if it was light or dark out, after 6 I started to make out shapes and after 7 could just barely see my phone call to take me to the emergency room.

This time i noticed the redness, puffiness and increase in watering on day one, on day 2 I called the VA who said to come in ASAP. Called my sister who came up the next morning and by that time I was blind. They admitted me for tests/treatment and decided I probably transferred something from one of my eyedrop bottles touching my eyeball. Got an eyepatch so I wouldn't be trying to see, a bunch of new meds and was told to come back in 6 days. My sister took ne home and I was a mushroom just eating and listening to the radio or audio books until they cleared me and I got back home. Still not 100% but probably will be tomorrow.

Glad you were able to stay calm and get through it. Not sure I’d be.