• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nothing seems strong enough....

speedingpenguin

I dunno..... this is sorta weird.... maybe i'm expecting too much, but none of the cigars I've smoked have really "done the trick" for me. I havn't been smoking for that long, but I'm looking for something that packs a lot of punch, and even though I've smoked a few cigars that people SAY are strong, I havn't really been impressed.
The first one I smoked that I was expecting a lot out of was a Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur, but those I know arent THAT strong.
Over the weekend I bought a Diablo Picante and although I liked it, it had a sorta spicy taste to it, I didn't really think it was particularly strong. The guy at the smoke shop recomended another cigar, an Onyx handmade reserve, and I thought that one tasted bitter and wasnt that impressive at all.
I still havnt smoked the Partigas Black Label, but we'll see about that one.
Is it me? is it that I'm not smoking the RIGHT cigars? Any recomendations?
-Chris

LFD Chisel, JdeN Antano, I don't believe NC cigars get any stronger.

Doc.

LFD Chisel, JdeN Antano, I don't believe NC cigars get any stronger.

Doc.
I agree!

The Joya de Nicaragua Antano Gran Reserva sure is an ass-kicker.
I'd put the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero a close second... although I'd choose the large ring 60 x 6 1/2 to do it!

Jim

LOL
oh man......hahaha
maybe i'll take a trip up to this other smoke shop and see if they have the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero, i looked at the other two places I go to and neither of them had them, and i've heard about those before. I'll have to check out some of the others as well..... :-D

Camacho Diadema.

The shop might even give it to you for free if you can finish it.

Is that the one they used to call the "Say Uncle?" I smoked one on the recommendation of JimD. It sure was strong. Not the most elegant nor well-executed cigar, but strength....yeah, it had strength all right.

Yeh, smokelaw1

the Camacho Diademas is the MOAB of the cigar. Actually, it's like the war crime of the cigar world.

And yes, it's not a refined smoke at all, the one I smoked had runs and had to be corrected. But, he asked for strong.

Yeh, smokelaw1

the Camacho Diademas is the MOAB of the cigar. Actually, it's like the war crime of the cigar world.

And yes, it's not a refined smoke at all, the one I smoked had runs and had to be corrected. But, he asked for strong.

The MOAB of the cigar world...nice expression...pretty fitting, too. It is, in my opinion, an example of what happens if you make a cigar for strength above (and tothe detriment of) all else. The Double Ligero still tastes like a good cigar, and smokes like a good cigar. This one, IMHO did not. But hell, if what you are looking for is power, enjoy!

SpeedingPenguin...just to be clear...when you say strong, what do YOU mean? Are you talking nicotine levels? Do you want a head-rush/spinning good time? Or do you mean strongest TASTING cigar, with the most powerful in-your-face flavors? The two often do not come in the same cigars.

Actually I'd be interested in both.....
When I first wrote this thread I was talking about taste, but i'd be interested in the other "strong" as well. Not really into smoking much of the other stuff that gives ya the "Head-rush/spinning good time" ;-) as much as I am cigars....lol

Well if you're looking for a full flavored cigar - there are lots.

Ashton VSGs, Oliva O Ovation Maduros, Padorn 64s/26s, there's something for everyone. If you looking for some particular flavor - like peppery or something - that could help us find something for you too. Your shop should be able to help you in this...

Avoid the Diadema unless you want an all powerful monster (by power I mean...nicotine packed, head spinning, possible voiding of your life insurance powerful).

I dunno..... this is sorta weird.... maybe i'm expecting too much, but none of the cigars I've smoked have really "done the trick" for me. I havn't been smoking for that long, but I'm looking for something that packs a lot of punch, and even though I've smoked a few cigars that people SAY are strong, I havn't really been impressed.
The first one I smoked that I was expecting a lot out of was a Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur, but those I know arent THAT strong.
Over the weekend I bought a Diablo Picante and although I liked it, it had a sorta spicy taste to it, I didn't really think it was particularly strong. The guy at the smoke shop recomended another cigar, an Onyx handmade reserve, and I thought that one tasted bitter and wasnt that impressive at all.
I still havnt smoked the Partigas Black Label, but we'll see about that one.
Is it me? is it that I'm not smoking the RIGHT cigars? Any recomendations?
-Chris

No surprise with the Diablo Picante. I tend to prefer med to full smokes, and I thought that smoke was a puss. The Partagas Black may be more to your liking, although I don't care for them. They are definitely full bodied but I just don't get much of an interesting flavor from them. I smoked a half a box of them last year before I finally donated the rest to someone who appreciated them more. At any rate, I agree with several of the suggestions above. Keep trying and you'll find a handful of smokes that I'm sure are strong enough for you. ;)

LOL
oh man......hahaha
maybe i'll take a trip up to this other smoke shop and see if they have the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero, i looked at the other two places I go to and neither of them had them, and i've heard about those before. I'll have to check out some of the others as well..... :-D

I had a Double Ligero yesterday after some yardwork. Just about the edge of the band, my throat got tight and I got the hiccoughs. Nubbed the bitch anyhow...

Strong how?
Flavors or nicotine?

If you want a buzz smoke weed,if you want to relax and semi-meditate and enjoy the complex flavors of a great cigar then relax and smoke what you have been.

Sometimes the pallate needs a break when all cigars taste the same,but I dont think thats what you are complaining about.Tastes of a cigar can change if you are sitting or if you have it in your mouth while working I noticed.

As for strong cigars;
litto gomez
lfd dbl ligero
jdn antano
the edge
partagas black lable
hoya dark sumatra
famous nic 3000
you get the idea.

Opus are pretty strong. Especially the Power Ranger.
When I first read your post, I thought for sure you were talking about nicotine strength. And in that instance, the Antaño is one of the strongest cigars I have smoked. Another good one in this category is probably the Gran Habano; inexpensive, pretty darn good, and packs a whollup. But if you are shooting for flavor, and possibly strength, go for the Opus xXx (Power Ranger). It has great flavor, some good body, and quite a kick. But if you want to stear clear of the nicotine lightheadedness, shoot for an Ashton VSG or Hemingway Maduro (like the classic, signature, or WOAM). These are some of my favorites, and won't knock you on your butt. :thumbs:

Enjoy!
- C

Joya de Nic
La Flro Dominicana DL
El Rico Habano
Power Ranger
El Rico Habano
Camacho Corojo

...in that order...

Emo