• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now I get it...

Neuromancer

Banned
OMG...had my first AF Short Story tonight and couldn't get enough so I followed it with an AF Best Seller...now I understand...AF Hemingway's added to list of likes...near the top too...talk about flavorful yet smooth...anyone have an opinion on Ghurka's as I'm intending to try those next?

I just bought my first AF Short Story last week. Been letting it rest for bit before I put the flame to it. Maybe today. Looking forward to it...

Cheers,
Joe

jgohlke said:
I just bought my first AF Short Story last week. Been letting it rest for bit before I put the flame to it. Maybe today. Looking forward to it...

Cheers,
Joe
[snapback]214918[/snapback]​

Oh, I think you'll enjoy it..didn't need to let mine rest...bought it at a cigar event where the whole room's a humidor room so it had been resting there just fine...enjoy it...I'm buying more...actually gonna get some of the Best Sellers...little longer smoke...and some Hemingways...

atuck said:
Some of the Gurkhas are fantastic! :thumbs:
[snapback]214904[/snapback]​
Tucker:
What line of Gurkha that are fantastic ? Give me a suggestion... Thanks... :)

symyn said:
Buy a box from Ian, for 100 bucks its definately worth it.
[snapback]214944[/snapback]​

Who is Ian and do you mean a box of Ghurka's or Short Stories?

Neuromancer said:
OMG...had my first AF Short Story tonight and couldn't get enough so I followed it with an AF Best Seller...now I understand...AF Hemingway's added to list of likes...near the top too...talk about flavorful yet smooth...anyone have an opinion on Ghurka's as I'm intending to try those next?
[snapback]214902[/snapback]​

Oh, great...just great...now that I got turned on to these I can't find them anywhere online/in stock for any reasonable price...CI appears to be out of them, and Cigars.com wants about as much as my local retailer...can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get these, as I am not yet ready to make a box purchase ($$$) and need to find them in singles or 5-packs where I don't have to pay the proverbial arm-and-a-leg?

AF Short story is a great smooth cigar.

Gurkha is very different from a AF short story. The Gurkhas I have had have been full bodied. When I say full bodied I mean a lot of nicotine. I enjoy both cigars and they both have a place in my humidor. I dont think you can compare the two.

Tonydogs ;)

TonyDogs said:
AF Short story is a great smooth cigar.

Gurkha is very different from a AF short story. The Gurkhas I have had have been full bodied. When I say full bodied I mean a lot of nicotine. I enjoy both cigars and they both have a place in my humidor. I dont think you can compare the two.

Tonydogs ;)
[snapback]215077[/snapback]​

I wasn't inferring that they were comparable...only remarking the Ghurka was up next for tasting...and you're right about them as I had it this afternoon...peppery, spicy, hint of leather...lotsa nicotine...not bad but I have others I prefer more...

andrewhac said:
atuck said:
Tucker:
[snapback]215014[/snapback]​

My favorite is the Centurian Double X Perfecto. :thumbs: The Masters Select series are another good one IMO. The Legend is good too. Actually I really haven't tried a Gurkha that I didn't like.

I smoked a Gurkha Regent last week that put me on my a$$. Sure, I was smoking quickly, but there was something else going on there. Seemed as though it was stronger than a VSG. Am I going crazy????

atuck said:
andrewhac said:
atuck said:
Tucker:
[snapback]215014[/snapback]​

My favorite is the Centurian Double X Perfecto. :thumbs: The Masters Select series are another good one IMO. The Legend is good too. Actually I really haven't tried a Gurkha that I didn't like.
[snapback]215139[/snapback]​

Just bought a 14 pack of these guys, I am excited :)

Gurkhas are great the only I haven't liked was the Expedition, but I only tried it once so you know how that goes. Also try the Sherpa line from the same maker, a great little cheap smoke.

Well the Centurian (sic I believe) XX and there is another perfecto shape that one of the C-ville guys gifted me that was quite good, and not at the same price point. Can't remember which line it was though. Legend I think.

AVB is THE man when it comes to Gurkhas.

Try doing a box split if you can find 3-4 other people that want to try Short Stories.