• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NY Pizza shipped

scthornton

Does anyone know of any good NY style pizza places that ship? Does Ray's (the original) ship pizzas?

New Haven pizza's better and I think I've heard of Pepe's or Sally's shipping before. I'm not positive though, the pizza's so highly regarded around here that you hear alot of urban legend type BS about them.

I would love to find this out also! I CANNOT get good pizza up here. My wife and I are both from NJ, and the pizza here is completely different, and basically totally inedible.

Prima Pizza right here in Cornwall, NY does and Beth and I buy from them all the time:

http://www.pizzaofnewyork.com/main.php

If you do go with them, please let us know what you think....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Seems like it'd be tough to get the full experience from ordering any of these pizza's. It's my understanding that a big part of the way they turn out depends on the ovens they're cooked in. If you do find something you like let us know, I'd give it a try. :thumbs:

New Haven pizza's better and I think I've heard of Pepe's or Sally's shipping before. I'm not positive though, the pizza's so highly regarded around here that you hear alot of urban legend type BS about them.

That made me laugh so hard :laugh:

Nothing is better than a chicken and broccoli slice from Famous Ray's

Unless it's the Veggie Bomb from Modern's in New Haven. Or the garlic pie from Ernie's.

If I'm not mistaken...part of why New Haven pizza is some of the best is because they came from NY.

There was a great special on PBS or Discover and it talked about the History of Pizza...much better than the History of the Cheese Steak...but we won't go there! :laugh:

Not in it for a fight over pizza...all I can say is try both! :thumbs:

Well to each his own. Up until last year I worked every day in NYC and have had the original Ray's and many many others. New Haven takes the cake for me. Oh and chicken and broccoli is for salad not pizza. :p

If you Google 'best pizza', there is no mention of New Haven until page 7. Page 7! Do people even look that far on Google, unless it's on the Images page?

Coal fired pizza is the best and while I will tip my hat to Pepe's it ain't quite the same as Lombardi's, Totonno's, Patsy's et al in the city.

Mmmm Totonno's, I haven't been there in awhile. Ever had Gonzo's downtown? One of my favorites, it's grilled though, not coal fired.

If you Google 'best pizza', there is no mention of New Haven until page 7. Page 7! Do people even look that far on Google, unless it's on the Images page?

Shhhh...it's a secret!

laugh.gif

Well hell then you obviously have never tried a Pepes white clam pie.....it is sublime and no one will ever convince me otherwise....