• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oasis

smokelaw1

Cigar Ambassador
If price is not really an issue, and absolute idiot-proof ease of operation, and ability to be left alone for potentially long times (3-4 weeks) IS an issue, does the Oasis fit the bill better than anything else out there? It seems to.
Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

Pretty hard to beat especially if you prefer active rh control. Especially good for a large cabinet. Otherwise beads work just fine.

Considering cost, reliability, and ease of maintenance you really can't go wrong with the humidity beads.

armedak said:
Considering cost, reliability, and ease of maintenance you really can't go wrong with the humidity beads.
[snapback]216506[/snapback]​

:thumbs: Had an Oasis Plus. Went to beads. Never happier.

I am very happy with all my oasis products. But thier maintenance interval suggestions are BS. I refill mine every 2 weeks, except the one in my desktop. But then I live in the High Desert.

I have both beads and the Oasis and like em both.

For a cabinet I would go with the Oasis. I have the Plus and refill mine every 3 weeks. It stays hot here in N. California and my AC is on 14 hours a day which keeps my house about 35 RH all by itself. so my unit doesn't struggle to operate.

I laughed the first time I pulled my Oasis out of the box, all it is basically a Computer fan and some green florist foam in a plastic box :laugh:

Rich

I like my Oasis Plus, but I also have beads in several containers scattered around in my humi.

The Oasis Plus holds water in the bottom container and a kind of wick, similar to cheap room humidifiers (just much smaller) stuck in a hole. The fan blows down onto the wick, over the water, and out the ends. In the winter I fill it every 2 or so weeks, in the summer every month.

I use one in my 500 count and it works well BUT the refill interval is not realistic. I recharge mine at least once a month in the summer. I have Aprilaire humidity control in my house for winter so it's a little better then.
Personally I would recommend Heartfelt beads. Far less maintenance.

I have an oasis 1, which has a 100% sealed cartridge that is replaceable. They
tell me to replace only once a year with a new sealed cartridge. Is that good advice for the oasis1? Or should I replace more often(once every 6 months or so?) :cool:

Thanx

sidewinder said:
I have an oasis 1, which has a 100% sealed cartridge that is replaceable. They
tell me to replace only once a year with a new sealed cartridge. Is that good advice for the oasis1? Or should I replace more often(once every 6 months or so?) :cool:

Thanx
[snapback]221112[/snapback]​

You can refill those "replaceable" cartridges with distilled water over and over again. No need to keep buying new ones. CHeck to see if they need refilling every 2 to 3 weeks or so.