• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Official 2009 CP March Madness Pool Thread

Things are looking up! :)

What a ride, everything from blowouts to nailbiters...that god the weekend is over...can't wait until it start again. :laugh:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for the games to start up again tomorrow. I'm also anxiously awaiting my Hawks to get their rematch against Mighigan State on Friday night. I could not come soon enough! I need a big weekend if I'm going to have any shot at winning this thing.

Ok guys sorry again for the lack of updates. Looks like we're about to have another great night of games, so I wanted to announce the first contest.

Whoever has their champion lose earliest (besides me) gets a 5er. Since this may penalize anyone who's team plays last, this is by round, eg if someone's champ loses tonight and someone else's loses tomorrow, that is a tie.

Tie breakers are as follows:

Whoever has the least points at the end of the round their champion loses is the winner.

If more than one person is tied for last place among losers, whoever has the least points at the end of the tourney (within the previous tiebreaker) gets the 5er.

If for some reason there is still a tie, I'll flip a coin.

SIDE BET
I know this is late notice for a bet, put I'll put up a fiver that all 4 #1 seeds don't make it to the Sweet 16
If I'm not on to respond, first taker before halftime of the UConn/Purdue game gets it.

Thanks everyone, and good luck!

I have to agree that all four #1s will not make the final four. but GO N.C. :thumbs:

SIDE BET
I know this is late notice for a bet, put I'll put up a fiver that all 4 #1 seeds don't make it to the Sweet 16
If I'm not on to respond, first taker before halftime of the UConn/Purdue game gets it.

Thanks everyone, and good luck!
[/quote]

I'm guessing you mean Final 4. I don't think they will either.

LOL on the side bet I meant get OUT OF the Sweet 16. Oops. Good thing i remembered to add besides me to the contest! My bracket is done. Good luck everyone else!

Update:

It looks like we have 17 participants, however, Chris28054 has not posted here or sent me sticks. That leaves us with 16 registered entries and a prize pool of 48 smokes. I am going to pay the top 3 places, with a 30-12-6 payout.

Brickhouse, since Cuse went out in the Sweet 16, you won the first contest. I didn't save any boxes, so PM me with your addy and I'll get a 5er out to you.

The Prize Pool:

Anejo 46 (x2)
Anejo 50
Ashton Cabinet #3
Ashton Cabinet No. 8
Ashton VSG Illusion (x2)
Ashton VSG Robusto
Avo 80th
BTL
CAO Sopranos Associate
Carlos Torano Noventa La Esperanza
Cohiba Black Supremo (NC, obviously)
Cuabo No. 5
DP My Father Robusto
DPG Blue Label Lancero - Puffstuff Release
DPG Seriess JJ Belicoso
Drew Estates Liga Privada #9 Toro
El Centurion Emperadores
Graycliff 1666 Pirate (torpedo)
Graycliff Red Elegante
Illusione 4/2g
Illusione Holy Lance
LDF Lancero
LFD CL Cameroom Lancero - Puffstuff Release
Liga Privada #9 Parejo Oscuro
Litto Gomez Chisel Puro SG
Monte Edumundo (x3)
Montecristo Media Noche No. 2 Torpedo
My Father Lancero (x3)
Olive V Maduro
Padron 1964 Maduro Torpedo
Padron Anniversary Imperial Maduro
PAM Exclusivo
RP Decade Torpedo
San Cristobal Monumento
Tatuaje Especiales
Tatuaje Regios (x2)
Tatuaje Reserva J21
VSG Corona Gorda
WOAM (x3)

Thanks again to everyone playing, and good luck in the final rounds!

Brickhouse, since Cuse went out in the Sweet 16, you won the first contest. I didn't save any boxes, so PM me with your addy and I'll get a 5er out to you.

WooHoo!

Thanks, addy sent!

I think i am the win since everyone who can get more points then i have now has NC. Not bad for someone who doesn't following College basketball. :D

Ok, so while it looks like the payout may be wrapped up, but I still need to post one final contest so tonight is more fun for all to watch.

Whoever comes closest to the total points in their tie-breaker pick for the pool wins a fiver. No catches or gimmicks, it's really that simple. Good luck all!

Ok, so while it looks like the payout may be wrapped up, but I still need to post one final contest so tonight is more fun for all to watch.

Whoever comes closest to the total points in their tie-breaker pick for the pool wins a fiver. No catches or gimmicks, it's really that simple. Good luck all!

Nice. Too bad I'm 30 below the Over/Under. :laugh:

Nice doesn't began to describe you. :thumbs:

You mean I can still win something?! Alright! 150 total points here we come, I can feel it! Although, UNC is lighting it up right now.
Thanks again for hosting this!

Edit - What does 7th place get again? :sign:

Final Update:

Ok so this was fun to watch even though my bracket sunk like a rock when UNC won and UConn lost. The final standings and payouts are:

1) drunkfish-30 sticks
2) sack-12 sticks
3) The Green Monkey-6 sticks

txraddoc and myself tied for the final contest, he picked a point total of 162, while I picked 160. Since I'm hosting the contest, txraddoc wins.

I will need you four's addy's if you have not already pm'd me with them, since I did not save any boxes when packages arrived. I'll post one more time on this thread with DC#'s when these ship this week.

Thanks again everyone for playing!

Final Update:

The final standings and payouts are:

1) drunkfish-48 sticks
2) sack-12 sticks
3) The Green Monkey-6 sticks

Is it me, or is the payout larger than the prize pool?

Yeah, I was wondering that as well. I thought the total payout was 48 sticks for all brackets entered.

Congrats on the wins guys, it was a lot of fun, and thanks a ton for running this N8!