• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OH DEER

beyond the band

cantankerous newb
So I'm driving down the road minding my own business Monday morning. Smoking a Padron 5000 maddie.

All of a sudden out of nowhere this doe appears even with my front fender. I am traveling at a pretty good pace, at least 55 to 60. There was nothing I could do but hold my line. This thing hit me so hard it made my little car move to the right. Freaky. Didn't drop the stick though!
I guess this could have been way worse.
I actually hate this little car. I never wash it, I smoke like a chimney in it. It is just a very good car for work. Its cheap on gas and being a Honda it will last virtually forever.

photo.jpg

Deer fur...eww
photo2.jpg

LOL, the same thing happened to my wife a couple of years ago,
She was traveling down a country road, a deer jumped a fence and plowed right into the side of her car.

That could have been worse. My brother-in-law has totaled two cars on deer, and in the process killed more than my brother who goes hunting every year.

Was there any damage to the cigar? ???

Seriously, glad you weren't hurt.

So, you stopped, put the deer in the car, snuck home and dressed it , right?

Doc.

Well kinda.
I placed it in a USPS flat rate box and mailed it to you! She ought to be real ripe and ready when she hits your mailbox :sign:

This happened in Orange County man. I got the Hell out of there as fast as I could. I didn't want some hippie reporting me or something.

So, you stopped, put the deer in the car, snuck home and dressed it , right?

Doc.

I hate deer. Giant rats.

My SIL had the same thing happen to her a few years back, but it was a black bear. It bounced right off the car and kept on going. Totaled her car.

Glad you weren't hurt. My wife's aunt totalled a Cadillac on one a couple of years ago.

Glad to hear you're unhurt. My SIL totaled her Jeep right in front of my Brother & I in Connecticut a few years back. Friggin unbelievable - looked like the Jeep hit a wall!! SIL was ok , thank God!

I guess now you will be putting those little "Deer Whistle Things" on your car now.

Glad to see you and the cigar made it without a scratch.

WOW!!!. I am glad you didnt get hurt. The deer are everywhere it seems this yr here in CT. Hey heres a couple of pics from another pest we have a ton of this yr. This happened a couple of Springs ago as I was driving home from a job. This is what happens when a 30lb turkey hits the windshield at 55mph...ahahahahha
Luckily I wasnt hurt (damn near pi$$ed myself), but if you look carefully you can see the turkey feathers embedded in the windshield and the claw marks on the roof where he flew off.

Art

Picture002.jpg

Picture-005.jpg

**edit to fix link

I hit a bear a few years ago in Littleton, CO. I was driving a large rental truck. Scared the bagebas
out of me. The bear kind of bounced of the end of the front, drivers side, bumper and kept running.
Bent the crap out of the bumper.

- KiltLad

( Can I say crap on the CP? or is that PC?)

Weird, I've never seen anyone that got T-boned by a deer! I flattened one in Colorado with my old S10 truck, it was just the right height that its head bounced off the hood, the bumper was dented in 2 places by its legs, and the grill was smashed out.

This is why I get up 2 hours early in the morning. I ride around and find dinner! Who needs store bought ground meat?

Rich

The wife hit a doe about 3 years ago. $3200 damage to the car. Totaled the deer.

I hit a deer driving a deuce and a half over here... didn't even scratch the bumper paint :sign:

800px-M35.jpg

Glad to hear your ok. And you might want to start taking better care of your box.... err car, it might just have saved your life.

The first case I ever worked on when I passed the bar was a car wreck with a deer. We represented the insurance company...and the deer.

Gomez v. Jane Doe

you can't make that up :laugh:

WOW!!!. I am glad you didnt get hurt. The deer are everywhere it seems this yr here in CT. Hey heres a couple of pics from another pest we have a ton of this yr. This happened a couple of Springs ago as I was driving home from a job. This is what happens when a 30lb turkey hits the windshield at 55mph...ahahahahha
Luckily I wasnt hurt (damn near pi$$ed myself), but if you look carefully you can see the turkey feathers embedded in the windshield and the claw marks on the roof where he flew off.

Art

Picture002.jpg

Picture-005.jpg

**edit to fix link

I would have pissed myself, then said, "What the f*** just happened? Was that a turkey?"

My gosh, that just made my night, I almost rolled out of my chair.