• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oh isn't this just grand...

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
negroplease.jpg

Found using Google news, I decide not to insult my intelligence and read any of that tripe.

OMG! I just realized I'm going to die from something someday!!! :0

Wow...Really?? Do they have nothing better to do?

OMG! I just realized I'm going to die from something someday!!! :0

Richard Pryor said it best when he was talking about dying in the saddle.

My father died fvcking. He did. My father was 57 when he died. The woman was 18. My father came and went at the same time.

That's how I want to go.

:laugh:

I wonder how many of the carcinogens are from the upholstery itself, not necessarily what is clinging to it.

I can't find the paper. When I search the NCBI for "Third hand smoke" I don't get a PNAS paper and nothing on the PNAS site. I'll keep looking. When I do find it I plan on reading it and shredding it if possible. PNAS is a very respected journal; however, you can bypass the peer review process if you get a member of the National Academy of Science to sign off on it (I think they get one unreviewed entry a year). So occasionally some goofy s*** will show up. I'll update when I find it and as well as a critical scientific review. This stuff drives me crazy. I can already think of a few experiments that better be in the paper.

Perhaps instead of railing against third hand smoke, we could teach folks not to lick ashtrays. I'm just saying.......

I too checked out PNAS and couldn't find anything. Heck, I couldn't find the authors they cite in the recent publications either.

I just read an article about Pre-1st/2nd/3rd Hand smoke as well, where in a study, people who only thought of tobacco products were inundated with carcinogens purely by the sheer will of their tiny little brains... :rolleyes:

Just ridiculous, and its not going to stop until its gone way too far!

By the way, it mentions needing nitrous to make the 'bad stuff'....funny, nitrous was always good for me!

I was at school today and people were whining about the second hand smoke. Mind you we no longer can smoke on school grounds so we go to the road to smoke. I asked how many of them had a car. How many drive with their windows down. And how many had an IQ above 50. If they want to get rid of all second hand smoke maybe we all should ride horses instead. At least we should be fair. Perhaps we should get rid of coal burning fuel as well, or burning wood for that matter. Make everyone drive solar powered vehicles. I'm pretty certain cigarette smoke a hundred yards away from the nearest building isn't any more harmful than the exhaust from cars that we get within 10 feet from the entrance. It's probably less, but in their zeal they don't stop to think what's really hurting our lungs. I'd much rather consume the miniscule amounts of tobacco second hand smoke than the enormous amount of exhaust that is present in our air each and every day.

And YES, we should we should teach folks not to lick ashtrays.

Steven

Here is the link that some of my cigarette smoking Facebook friends are posting on the same topic. But, let me get this straight...the lab conditions used for testing were the dashboard of a 1966 pickup truck and a nicotine painted surface that was bombarded with chemicals? Sounds to me like pure witch hunt science... :sign:

"It'll be on people's clothes and skin," she said, and the most vulnerable people are "kids crawling around on the carpets."

If your kids are picking up carcinogens from crawling around on the carpet I'm willing to bet they are crawling in nastier stuff than that since you obviously haven't cleaned or vacuumed in a god awful while.

Here's the crux of the article, if you take smoke residue and bombard it with nitrous acid, then it will release some remnant of the smoke in an airborne form.

This should be obvious to anyone right? It's basically pointing out that the residue of marijuana can get you high if you smoke it. Isn't this obvious?

That's what these low-lives did, they found something obvious and then proved it and then used proof-of-the-blaringly-obvious to make another point altogether, that third-hand smoke exists and is dangerous.

Really, and maybe I'm just angry here, but this only makes me think that we need to start pulling as much money out of our public universities and make these dirtbags get real jobs. I'm personally sick and tired of these people sucking up money that's intended for students and real learning and dedicating it to their zealotry.

Cigars do not create smoke....they create an aroma!

Love Pryor's views on alot things, even though I am a honky

Bill Hicks addressing non smokers:

See, I know you entertain some kind of eternal life fantasy because you've chosen not to smoke; let me be the first to pop that f&^$ing bubble and send you hurtling back to reality – because you're dead too. And you know what doctors say: "Shit, if only you'd smoked, we'd have the technology to help you. It's you people dying from nothing who are screwed."