• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OH NO! Cries Swissy

:0 swissy pm'd me, telling me I had missed delivery!

aahhh, where do I start. Well as many of you have probably read, we have the up and coming "great CP Salmon Smoke Off" contest between Swissy and I. Well, being the great BOTL that Swissy is, he voluneers to send me a fresh fillet of the Sought after copper river salmon! Well, today being the expected delivery day, I'm of course excited. Where's the post man....where's the post man, as I pace around the house. Well, I decide to run next door for a minute to see my neighbors. Only gone a few minutes, still now post man. Well about an hour goes by and our regular post man comes by. But NO BOX! Where the hell is my BOX??? My wife goes out to the mail box and when she comes back, she hands me a notice that the express mail carrier had attempted delivery and that I could pick my box up on monday. MONDAY!!! No way, fresh fish can't sit that long. So now I'm pisssed. The guy snuck in below radar when I was at my neighbors house. So I start calling around, trying to figure out a way to track down the postal dude. The 1 800 number to us postal....no help. Try and call the local Post office...no dice. So I head out in my truck trying to track this dude down right. Well, I look up where the post office is and head in that direction down town. I'm sitting at a light and I see one of those little white sneaky trucks pass in front of me. The light turns and I haul ass, I'm going to get em!! :angry2: I finally catch up to him and follow him for a bit. Then I see another one pull in behind us. Woo Hoo...all roads lead to the promised land of the post office! So I follow this guy all the way to the post office. Against my better judgement, I follow him into the gated "restricted area"...either I get my fish, or go down trying. As he gets out of the truck, I run up to him with my little tan delivery attempt receipt and plead my case. He invites me inside to the distribution center, and we quickly track down my package. Ahh, the beauty of it. New Braunfels Smoked meats box. How appropriate. I sign for it, and I'm out the door. Happy once again.

So after all of that, I eagerly drive home, just anxious to open my box and check out the dead fish treats! I get home and carefully open the box. A nice big vacuum sealed package of bright red salmon! WOO HOO! daMn this is some nice looking fish. As I pull the fillet out of the box, I see another package hidden away in there. Now I'm just in awe, "you've got to be kidding me". Not only did swissy send me a beautiful salmon fillet, but he enclosed a package of some very choice sticks. A class move, beyond anything I ever expected.

The generousity of the members of this site is truly amazing. its just great how it travels from person to person!

Swissy, a huge thank you, and you can be damn sure you've got some bbq'd treats coming your way!

Erick

That is freakin funny! I did the same thing on a smaller scale when I was in Smokyballs Box pass. Good job tracking it down Hillbilly!

Hillbilly Steaks said:
:0 swissy pm'd me, telling me I had missed delivery!

aahhh, where do I start. Well as many of you have probably read, we have the up and coming "great CP Salmon Smoke Off" contest between Swissy and I. Well, being the great BOTL that Swissy is, he voluneers to send me a fresh fillet of the Sought after copper river salmon! Well, today being the expected delivery day, I'm of course excited. Where's the post man....where's the post man, as I pace around the house. Well, I decide to run next door for a minute to see my neighbors. Only gone a few minutes, still now post man. Well about an hour goes by and our regular post man comes by. But NO BOX! Where the hell is my BOX??? My wife goes out to the mail box and when she comes back, she hands me a notice that the express mail carrier had attempted delivery and that I could pick my box up on monday. MONDAY!!! No way, fresh fish can't sit that long. So now I'm pisssed. The guy snuck in below radar when I was at my neighbors house. So I start calling around, trying to figure out a way to track down the postal dude. The 1 800 number to us postal....no help. Try and call the local Post office...no dice. So I head out in my truck trying to track this dude down right. Well, I look up where the post office is and head in that direction down town. I'm sitting at a light and I see one of those little white sneaky trucks pass in front of me. The light turns and I haul ass, I'm going to get em!! :angry2: I finally catch up to him and follow him for a bit. Then I see another one pull in behind us. Woo Hoo...all roads lead to the promised land of the post office! So I follow this guy all the way to the post office. Against my better judgement, I follow him into the gated "restricted area"...either I get my fish, or go down trying. As he gets out of the truck, I run up to him with my little tan delivery attempt receipt and plead my case. He invites me inside to the distribution center, and we quickly track down my package. Ahh, the beauty of it. New Braunfels Smoked meats box. How appropriate. I sign for it, and I'm out the door. Happy once again.

So after all of that, I eagerly drive home, just anxious to open my box and check out the dead fish treats! I get home and carefully open the box. A nice big vacuum sealed package of bright red salmon! WOO HOO! daMn this is some nice looking fish. As I pull the fillet out of the box, I see another package hidden away in there. Now I'm just in awe, "you've got to be kidding me". Not only did swissy send me a beautiful salmon fillet, but he enclosed a package of some very choice sticks. A class move, beyond anything I ever expected.

The generousity of the members of this site is truly amazing. its just great how it travels from person to person!

Swissy, a huge thank you, and you can be damn sure you've got some bbq'd treats coming your way!

Erick
[snapback]287514[/snapback]​

Haha! Great story, and I couldn't agree more with your statement about the generousity (sp?) of the BOTL's of this board!

SabresFan said:
Swissy is one heck of a stand up guy for sure!!!
[snapback]287517[/snapback]​

sidewinder said:
Swissy, one hell of a BOTL!! :thumbs:
[snapback]287519[/snapback]​

Me three! He was one of the first people on this site that bombed me when I was one of the newest of the newbies, and I was completely floored!!! It's the BOTL like him (and many many others here) that make this such a great community! He (and others) quickly inspired me to go ahead and learn what it feels like to be on the "launching" end of a bomb. The generosity of this community just smacks you in the face sometimes!

The benefits of this place FAR outweigh the occasional asshat that comes along!

Nice move Swissy! I am still trying to think of a way to get up to Alaska for a herf! Can't think of another place in the states I'd rather visit!

:thumbs:

Oh thank God... trust me, a box of salmon sitting in the post off all weekend is NOT a pretty thing to get on monday! TRUST me... I sent a HUGE box to my in-laws last year, and they did the same thing- stepped out for a minute and missed it. The PO destroyed the box due to the smell, leakage and overall complaints they were getting from workers after it sat for a weekend inside a very hot building- even though they were vacuum sealed and all.

Good job Erick!! Glad you got it ok- hope it arrived fresh enough still :laugh: Not that I'd want you to have any fish that is tainted, making you lose the smoke-off... :whistling: :laugh:

And enjoy the smokes...

oh yeah... I told you you'd get a kick outta the box, in more ways that one!

:laugh: :D :laugh:

What a great story Erick, just what you would expect for a intriguing start of this "salmon smoke out showdown". Good to hear that there wasn't any initial setback or "competitive disadvantage" ....now the great smoke out games can begin. ;)

As for Jim what else can I say then that he is one of the finest examples of a true BOTL that you could find here at CP (or for that fact anywhere else). :thumbs:

Great story and good work, HB. I've personally sampled Swissy's salmon so I can assure you, you have your work cut out for you. He's one stand up guy to be sure.

Now, if Spring would only get here so we can get together and stoke up the grill and some sticks again.

LOL... great story. Way to go the extra mile to get what you're after HB!

Good job, Swissy! Can't wait to hear about the results of this contest! :thumbs:

Back