• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oh Stone and 3 Floyd's, why do you continuously tease me.....

Wow, 4 pounds of carapils huh? I have a slant of Bell's yeast that I harvested from a bottle of 2 hearted, so I'll build up a starter from that. Thanks Shane

Just waiting on you now Mick...

I will double check... I got the recipe from homebrewtalk.... I can give you our favorite recipes if you want....

How does one collect a yeast sample from a bottle of beer. I have only collected yeast samples from drunk sorority girls to date.

How does one collect a yeast sample from a bottle of beer. I have only collected yeast samples from drunk sorority girls to date.

LOL, I guess there isn't many other things to do, when it gets cold on the Seas of Cheese.

General technique is the same. (read into this whatever you want)

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' timestamp='1323383402' post='1067455']
[quote name='Satchmo' timestamp='1323354786' post='1067365']
[/quote]

[/quote]

LMFAO! I'm not sure how I will get a yeast specimen from a bottle of Two Hearted by combing out my mustache, but I'll try ???

[quote name='Satchmo' timestamp='1323383786' post='1067457']
[quote name='Smokin'Sims' timestamp='1323383402' post='1067455']
[quote name='Satchmo' timestamp='1323354786' post='1067365']
[/quote]

[/quote]

LMFAO! I'm not sure how I will get a yeast specimen from a bottle of Two Hearted by combing out my mustache, but I'll try ???
[/quote]

No, No you have to rub your face on the plate. :thumbs:

Let the beer sit for a few days..Then gently and slowly pour the beer out leaving about and ounce or two in the bottle. Do this for a few beers, take that pour it in a beaker with some dme and set it on a stir plate for a day or so.

That is the unscientific method...

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

[/quote]

No, No you have to rub your face on the plate. :thumbs:
[/quote]

LOL, I needed this laugh today.

Let the beer sit for a few days..Then gently and slowly pour the beer out leaving about and ounce or two in the bottle. Do this for a few beers, take that pour it in a beaker with some dme and set it on a stir plate for a day or so.

That is the unscientific method...

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Thanks, Shooter! I'm learning everyday.