• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oklahoma and Florida can battle for the BCS

You can't take away from Utah they beat everyone they played and beat a team they should not have. I think they have as good an argument for a piece of the title as anyone. If only Bama had disappointed the SEC.

Get your arse in a good league, then we can talk :sign:

If no changes to the BCS are immanent, that is the other option, join us in the big 12. While the article is well written and Reilly puts up a great argument, like he usually does, I highly doubt the BCS is going to be at the top of Obama's to do list.

You can't be serious?

I can certainly appreciate the homer attitude and backin' your team up.....but you can't be serious.

Get your arse in a good league, then we can talk :sign:

We beat four teams in the top 25. Screw your good leagues :D

Join the Big 12, we'll put cut Baylor loose all together, put Utah in the North and pull Missouri to the South.

You can play Nebraska, Colorado, Kansas and KState every year, also a few teams from the South.

You can't be serious?

I can certainly appreciate the homer attitude and backin' your team up.....but you can't be serious.

Read the article. Rick Reilly is not a homer and he makes a pretty serious case for Utah. He's not alone.

You can't be serious?

This is what I go through every day being in Utah. Someone save me.

Come on Ben and Wyatt? Even though undefeated, Utah was a ten point underdog to Bama due to the "weaker conference" factor. Turns out they win by 14. That is a 24 point swing. Don't forget BYU and TCU. Both tough teams and Utah lucked out by having both at home this year. TCU lost only to Oklahoma and Utah on the road and knocked of WAC and undefeated champ Boise State in their bowl game. We all know what happened to Oklahoma a couple years back when they played Boise State. Some of these smaller conferences demand more respect, imho. The Mountain West also went 7-1 against the Pac - 10 this year and sent 5 teams to bowl games. I think we are as strong as the Pac 10 and the top 3 teams could upset ANY Big 12, Big 10 or SEC teams if they hosted them at home. This won't be resolved until there is a playoff system which seems highly unlikely in the immediate future.

You can't be serious?

Read the article. Rick Reilly is not a homer and he makes a pretty serious case for Utah. He's not alone.

I don't disagree that they deserve a shot at it. I hate the BCS system for this reason. Anyone who goes undefeated at least deserves a shot at it.

But since that isn't going to happen you just have to make judgment calls on it for now I guess. I don't think Utah would have put up a good fight against either of the two teams in the Championship.

....and though I do like to read Rick Reilly, it's obvious some times that he writes on topics and takes stands that he knows will ruffle feathers. It sells better. An article about how the BCS got it right, is hardly as interesting.

Bama did not have their heart in that game, but Utah surprised me, they're a good team. Join a real conference and play good teams every week, and THEN you can sit at the table with the big boys, until then, keep playing the weak schedule and whining... ;)

Utah systematically dismantled an Alabama team that Florida narrowly defeated. Hmmm....

:p :p :p

Utah systematically dismantled an Alabama team that Florida narrowly defeated. Hmmm....

:p :p :p
Utah is a great team, just like other teams in the SEC. Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, etc. All good teams, and all capable of a big upset. Just because they beat one good team once, doesn't mean they deserve to be No. 1 . In my mind they are just a good team like other smalltime teams in the South who can throw an upset here and there. The best team in the nation talk is ridiculous.

This year- yes I think so. Again, they beat 4 top 25 teams and avoided any upsets by ok- smaller teams. Look who Florida lost to. Teams don't choose which conference they play in. It is all about geographic region and $$. I have a feeling the Pac-10 will soon become the Pac 12- picking up both Utah and BYU.

I don't think Utah could have beat Florida or Oklahoma in a national championship game. Too bad they're not in a tougher conference but who knows, if they were in a tougher conference, would they still be undefeated? I highly doubt it..... ;)

If Utah could have gone through the SEC undefeated i'm Barack O'FriggingBama. Until Utah joins a real conference, they'll be sucking hind titty. The FACT is The Florida Gators are #1 in the BCS and AP, ALL HAIL THE NATIONAL CHAMPS

I don't think Utah could have beat Florida or Oklahoma in a national championship game. Too bad they're not in a tougher conference but who knows, if they were in a tougher conference, would they still be undefeated? I highly doubt it..... ;)

The quintessential argument. Based on our current system, Utah had a great year... but not good enough. Too bad. Florida is the NC. Are they really the best? Probably not, but they were the best at the right time.

No system is perfect... and frankly, the more flawed it is *cough*BCS*cough*, then the more discussion there is. People get amped up for this stuff. :)