• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Old School Basketball

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
When Boston Celtics coach Red Auerbach felt certain his team would win, he'd sit back on the bench and light up a victory cigar. That always raised the opponents' ire, but the Celtics also had to play harder because they didn't want to lose after he'd already lit up.

A quote from Investor's Business Daily
Red Auerbach's Winning Feel

i know that back in the day coaches would smoke cigars or cigarettes durring the game, in baseball, players would too. does anyone know when this habit stopped? i would love to see a modern day coach light one up in the middle of a game.

If the Game takes place on Public School or for that matter, State Funded School Property, then all the states mandate the campus as Tobacco Free, so not even the spectators are allowed any longer.

ksouro1 said:
i know that back in the day coaches would smoke cigars or cigarettes durring the game, in baseball, players would too. does anyone know when this habit stopped? i would love to see a modern day coach light one up in the middle of a game.
I remember Ted Simmons smoking a cigarette in the dugout when he was with The Brewers, that must have been around 1987. But I bet there are very few athletes who smoke cigarettes these days. Cigars, that is a different story. Doesn't Sammy Sosa smoke cigars?

athletes love their victory cigars. jordan always was seen with one in his mouth. thanks to his cutter, he cut his finger and suffered a small tendon injury.