• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oldest man in the world dies @ 116 years old.

Would you want to live to be 116 years old?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Only if I had good health

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • I already feel that old

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
I saw this story earlier to day and it got me thinking: Who wants to live that long?

I guess in some ways it would be pretty cool. You'd get to see a whole lot of awesome stuff go down, you'd get to meet all kinds of great people, and you'd get to experience all kinds of new and interesting things.

On the bad side of things, you would see a whole lot of awful stuff go down, have to meet all kinds of a-holes, and you'd get to experience a whole lot of misery.

I don't think I'd want to live that long. How about you?

Only if I'm able to do stuff on my own.  Once my health started failing and I had to be constantly monitored by nurses, I'd say let me go.  We're living longer and longer, but I think 116 is a little too long if you ask me.

I agree with Brandon. My Grandfather is 86 and is still sharp as a tack, lives by himself in the house he built in the late 40's, drives where he needs to go, and takes care of himself without the aid of anyone else. That's how I want to be.

bfreebern said:
Only if I'm able to do stuff on my own.  Once my health started failing and I had to be constantly monitored by nurses, I'd say let me go.  We're living longer and longer, but I think 116 is a little too long if you ask me.

Would it matter if the nurses were hot? I suppose not since you probably couldn't wield your sword at that point.

LilBastage said:
I saw this story earlier to day and it got me thinking: Who wants to live that long?

I guess in some ways it would be pretty cool. You'd get to see a whole lot of awesome stuff go down, you'd get to meet all kinds of great people, and you'd get to experience all kinds of new and interesting things.

On the bad side of things, you would see a whole lot of awful stuff go down, have to meet all kinds of a-holes, and you'd get to experience a whole lot of misery.

I don't think I'd want to live that long. How about you?
Well, that moves us up 1 position!  :whistling:

I only want to live long enough to be a pain in the ass to my kids.

Doc

I can't wipe my own ass or feed myself, I don't think my quality of life is above my minimum for existence.

If I am 116 and still relatively capable or independent, lets try for 117!

When George Burns was asked how he felt at almost 100 he replied that it felt like having the flu 24 7.+

Nihon_Ni said:
Doc,

By that mark, you're already long overdue!

;)
After reading the title to the thread, I was just happy to see Doc post! :laugh:

Jonesy said:

Doc,

By that mark, you're already long overdue!

;)
After reading the title to the thread, I was just happy to see Doc post! :laugh:

I read the title of the post and thought something happened to Hank! :0

Phew!

PS: the selfish guy in me thought I wasn't going to get my mortadella sandwich and cold beer this Summer!

All you unemployed comedians can kiss my  ass.

Doc