• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva Serie G Belicoso Maduro

txraddoc

Length/Ring: 5 x 52
Shape: Belicoso

I smoked this little beauty on a cool, slightly windy, low humidity day in Houston. It has been in my humidor for about a year.

The cigar is dark brown and tightly boxed pressed. It is firm to the touch with no soft spots. The prelight draw is slightly tight but manageable. I taste rich well aged tobacco on the initial draw.

I light this one too quickly and it is bit harsh in the beginning but settles into a dominate flavor of dried fruit which remains through the entire experience. There are background notes of cocoa and earth. The final third turns more toasty and even more flavorful.

This cigar burns nearly perfectly requiring only one minor touchup. Overall, a very satisfying experience. It has been compared with the Padron 64s and I would agree. These cigars have mellowed considerably in the year I’ve had them.

Total smoking time was about one hour.

Thanks for the review. This is one of my go-to sticks.

Rod reviewed them about a year ago here. I also get the dried fruit/licorice flavor from these that you and so many others rave about. All this flavor for such a great price point as well-- I never miss an opportunity to praise this cigar.

I really like the Olivia's Series O cigars. How would you compare the G to the O?

I really like the Olivia's Series O cigars. How would you compare the G to the O?

I haven't yet tried the Serie O. I did have one V and I remember it being very powerful. I'll write back when I get the change to have the O.

I, for one, did not think too much of the Oliva Serie G when I tried it out. I had a Robusto about a month or two ago with no age on it and if I recall correctly, the flavors just seemed a bit muted. I thought it to be a decent smoke that complemented my cola nicely, but nothing out of the ordinary. Of course, I'm still pretty new to cigars and this may have been due to my underdeveloped palate.

I received another one just last week via bomb from a BOTL and I'll definitely revisit the Serie G, perhaps with a little more age (and experience).

I had a few Oliva G Torpedo Maduro and it was a great smoke.
Its not amazing,but with a little age I think it gets better.
I always keep a few around,they are very good for that price range.

I've only had a few Olivas. I have yet to be disappointed. I'm still rather partial to the Serie V. But this too is a great smoke.

-Gianni-

These can border on sublime if stored and aged properly.

I have the naturals but now I am intrigued to try the maduro.