• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva Series O Torpedo

Boomer52

Good Friends, Good Cigars
First, let me say this is not much of a review and more of a question. Being a newer smoker my palate is not at all refined and I am still trying a wide variety of cigars.

I picked up an Olive Series O Torpedo just before Christmas because my local B&M was out of the V series which I wanted to try. The O series caught my attention and was reasonably priced for California. I finally got the time to smoke it.

Having only smoked one other torpedo I was very careful not to cut too much or too little off. I must have hit it right because the draw was perfect and nothing came unraveled. Pre-light taste was a fair tobacco flavor, a little on the light side. I put fire to it and had some trouble getting it going. It just did not want to burn at first which resulted in an initial uneven burn. That quickly straightened out within the first half inch.

This cigar had a very nice tobacco taste and aroma. Even with the lighting problem there was no bitterness or anything like that. It was a very good medium to medium-full cigar. Nice solid white ash that held for an inch and a half and a nice amount of smoke. This was one of the best tasting cigars I have smoked.

The flavor remained constant through the first two thirds and grew slightly stronger. The thing that surprised me was the sudden nicotine kick that hit around the two thirds mark. I have never experienced anything this strong before and I am not that susceptible to nic kicks. Is this common to Olive cigars? Anyone else experience this with the “O” series? I really enjoyed it until it kicked me in the butt. Had to put it down with about two inches left.

In any case, I plan to try the Robusto size next. As I said earlier, this was one of the best tasting cigars I have smoked so far. Hope the kick was just this particular cigar and not common to this line.

Edited because I can not spell.

I have the robusto size in this cigar before, and I did not notice a strong nicotine kick. This is my favorite Oliva cigar. I wonder if the torpedo shape causes the nicotine to concentrate more when smoked?