• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva Series X Pulled From the Shelves

bhaney

I stopped into my local shop for a lunchtime smoke and picked up an Oliva Series X. My local guy told me that he had to send all his unopened boxes back because supposedly Feunte sued over the label of the cigar (a giant X) looking too much like the OpusX labels. This sucks because I really like this cigar. Did anyone else hear this? Will they be releasing this same blend under a different name? That makes 2 of my favorite smokes that are now gone.

Brandon

I'm sure they will be re-banded and put back in the vendors hands.

bhaney said:
I stopped into my local shop for a lunchtime smoke and picked up an Oliva Series X. My local guy told me that he had to send all his unopened boxes back because supposedly Feunte sued over the label of the cigar (a giant X) looking too much like the OpusX labels. This sucks because I really like this cigar. Did anyone else hear this? Will they be releasing this same blend under a different name? That makes 2 of my favorite smokes that are now gone.

Brandon
[snapback]235263[/snapback]​

They sued over the name "Series X" -- a trademark Fuente already had in use.

Ahh thanks for the clarification Moki. I just hope they bring the cigars back out with the same blend. I very much enjoyed them.

I thought the Oliva's and the Feunte's were buddies though.

Brandon

Johhny Oliva son of Angel Oliva is very good friends of the Fuentes. They however do not make cigars, they are the largest growers of tobacco in the world.

The Olivas that stole the Series X name are a different family.

The Master said:
Johhny Oliva son of Angel Oliva is very good friends of the Fuentes. They however do not make cigars, they are the largest growers of tobacco in the world.

The Olivas that stole the Series X name are a different family.
[snapback]235359[/snapback]​

Now I understand, thanks.

Ahh, thanks for the clarification on that. I was not aware that they are different families.

Brandon