• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OMG you know what I just did?

:angry:

So I grabbed my humi because I was gonna do a little rearranging and while I was going to the other room to sit it on my table I stumble and DROPPED it!! caps come of the humi gel jars and is all over! smokes are covered in the stuff. :blush:

I started to panick knowing I have some expensive sticks in there and the 4 lettered words are flowing like the Amazon river!!!

I get the mess cleaned up, inspect the sticks (I only damaged 3 of them) wipe them off set the humi back where it belongs and am now drinking a beer!!!! :laugh:

Someone fess up, I can't be the only dunce that's ever done this!! :sign:

Where's the pics?? ;)

Sucks man... I can't say that I have ever done that.

the gel shouldn't taint the cigars should it? I wiped them all off but not all of the cigars are in cello.

HAHAHA! That's FUNNY! Nah, just kidding. I feel your pain. Never did it myself, but prolly will now that I laughted!

Never dropped mine, but I travelled on a flight with a humi that had the top come off the gel and it got all over the sticks. I wiped the gel off, wrapped them in a paper towel for a week and then smoked one this weekend. It didn't seem to affect the taste, but unfortunately a couple of the sticks got pretty wet and it tore some of the wrapper. I was just as worried as you, but I think everything should be fine.

Ouch...hope your new acquisition wasn't in the humidor yet.

One word, BEADS..............they can spill all over but not harm your sticks. Of course not dropping your desktop humi would also help to alleviate this problem. :sign:

One word, BEADS..............they can spill all over but not harm your sticks. Of course not dropping your desktop humi would also help to alleviate this problem. :sign:

Now thats a mess. They roll every where, you'll be picking up beads for months.

I've never dropped a humidor however, my humidor is a cabinet style and has a door. When I made it I never thought I would fill it up. I was wrong and it is now over stuffed with boxes. Some times when I'm in a hurry I will set some loose sticks inside on top of the boxes. A while back I removed some boxes looking for something and discovered an Opus X that had fallen behind some of the boxes and was crushed when I pushed the door closed. I guess I need a bigger box.....

You have company. I dropped mine and it was full of HTF stuff. While the cigars were ok, the seal on the humidor has never been the same.

Stinki

Now thats a mess. They roll every where, you'll be picking up beads for months.

Well then, don't drop your humidor........or is it "don't trip"?

Edited to add "or get a vacuum. :p

Billy - My man - All the more reason to get a vinotemp!! Can't lift that! But from the outside looking in, that is pretty funny - sorry man! !!

~ t

:angry:

So I grabbed my humi because I was gonna do a little rearranging and while I was going to the other room to sit it on my table I stumble and DROPPED it!! caps come of the humi gel jars and is all over! smokes are covered in the stuff. :blush:

I started to panick knowing I have some expensive sticks in there and the 4 lettered words are flowing like the Amazon river!!!

I get the mess cleaned up, inspect the sticks (I only damaged 3 of them) wipe them off set the humi back where it belongs and am now drinking a beer!!!! :laugh:

Someone fess up, I can't be the only dunce that's ever done this!! :sign:

I will make you feel better. My first humi I dropped it and the hygrometer mounted on the outside shattered and it doesn't work anymore. I also accidentally tipped over a cup of water in there and it warped.

I am a humi nightmare. I will treat the round 2 humi like gold and it will be in a safe place. I may bolt it to the table. lol.