• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Once Again It's Cigar Aficionado Top 25 of the Year

Personally, I think it's a shame CA does this. Everything from smoking just a couple inches during 'tasting' to choosing unqualified, but advertised brands. Likewise, I don't like the hype around new releases that end up sucking. How many potential cigar smokers leave the hobby because they can't find a good smoke or just think cigars are not for them after they've been led down a well crafted path of deceit. Smoke what you like cause if you listen to the chatter, you won't.
The nub is a perfect example of this. It was a pretty hyped cigar several years ago, but in reality it's just cardboard in a Cameroon wrapper.:confused:

I've developed a new respect for Alec Bradley over the last several years...

Granted the last Alec Bradley I think I smoked was a Prensado after I read about it being CA #1 a few years back, but every AB cigar I've ever had has had horrible burn issues which is a huge turnoff for me. You haven't had any construction or burn issues with AB cigars?

Maybe I'll have to pick a few up and give them another shot.

Granted the last Alec Bradley I think I smoked was a Prensado after I read about it being CA #1 a few years back, but every AB cigar I've ever had has had horrible burn issues which is a huge turnoff for me. You haven't had any construction or burn issues with AB cigars?

Maybe I'll have to pick a few up and give them another shot.

Don't. The last 3 Prensado I've tried all had burn issues. Once I'm done with the other two, I'm not going back. Top 10 cigar my ass.

I have a soft spot for AB cigars. One of the first that I truly enjoyed was the Tempus genesis and still remains one of my favorites. The prensado, however, I was consistently let down by. Maybe I'll revisit it again at some point but I know I wont be going out of my way in the immediate future to do so.