• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Online Cigar stores

matchstix2

So what is it that you are looking for in a online store? I have amassed quite a collection, I have a retail tobacco distributors license, and I have accounts with some of the largest distributors in the country. With that, I want to have a little hobby of selling online, I am not looking to get rich, hell I am not even looking to make money. I just want to keep up with operating cost and give me something to do. So If you could have whatever you wanted and at a reasonable price, what would it be?

Opus, Anejos and rare and htf Fuentes..... for starters.

That is exactly what I am looking to do. I don't want to sell macanudo's, Acid, or anything like that. Rare, limited, and vintage cigars that you may not be able to find at your local B&M all the time, or just don't want to pay some of the crazy mark ups.

I seccond that: Opus,Anejos,rare and htf Fuentes + fast processing/shipping.

If you could have reasonable prices that would be great. For example I found a AF WOAM/BTL at a local shop for 30+bucks. I think that is pure insanity.

*edited to add second part

Ashton VSGs, Padron Anniversaries and X000 lines, DC Max... that's all for now, I'm drooling on my keyboard and need it replaced LOL!

Unfortunatley, it is hard to get "rare" cigars without moving and selling a lot of the lower "every day" lines.

Also, I would limit quantity purchases per stick. Some may not like this, but you won't have a never-ending supply of HTF Fuentes, DCM's, or Padrons Anni's, especially just for the initial demand for CP members at a lower than MSRP price.

Most businesses that try this, and only sell HTF sticks, they buy them at retail and sell for more, in which case, you won't do ANY business with someone who has a reasonable grasp on MSRP.

Good luck however, selling what you have. I just foresee you getting into a roadblock locating more for cheap without selling "non rares"

Just my $.02
Jake

Ashton VSGs, Padron Anniversaries and X000 lines, DC Max... that's all for now, I'm drooling on my keyboard and need it replaced LOL!

The cigars are one thing, what kind of prices are we looking for?

Be wary of how you handle asking these questions.

If you are 'feeling out' the folks to try to know what they are 'willing' to pay...that's not good.

I don't think you are...but just a word of caution when traveling this road.

....my response: The best price you have to offer!

Unfortunatley, it is hard to get "rare" cigars without moving and selling a lot of the lower "every day" lines.

Also, I would limit quantity purchases per stick. Some may not like this, but you won't have a never-ending supply of HTF Fuentes, DCM's, or Padrons Anni's, especially just for the initial demand for CP members at a lower than MSRP price.

Most businesses that try this, and only sell HTF sticks, they buy them at retail and sell for more, in which case, you won't do ANY business with someone who has a reasonable grasp on MSRP.

Good luck however, selling what you have. I just foresee you getting into a roadblock locating more for cheap without selling "non rares"

Just my $.02
Jake

This is exactly what I was thinking. You hit it right on the head Jake. The shops that I find that do have the rare htf sticks do so because they are not authorized retailers. As a result, they have to buy from authorized retailers at $'s the general public pays and mark the sticks way up. I've called a few B&M's looking for Anejos or Opus back in late Jan. or early Feb. to be pleasantly surprised to hear "yes". Then I realize why they still have them..... because they're selling power rangers for $18.50 a piece or Anejo 46's for $17.00 a piece. At those prices they proabbly have age on them too.

If you are 'feeling out' the folks to try to know what they are 'willing' to pay...that's not good.

Haha I agree, and of course when someone says a hundred bucks of a box of opus, well thats just not going to fly.

Well said. Good looking OUT. :rolleyes:

For example: I recently landed a box of WOAMs for $208.00 before shipping. In my opinion that was a real find since I have been looking for them 4ever and only found singles before that for 16-20bucks a stick.

The site is in development right now, and should be up in the next few weeks. I don't want to use this forum to advertise the site, just to get an idea of what people are looking for. If want some more idea of what the site is going to have feel free to send me a PM.

Just my $.02
Jake

This is exactly what I was thinking. You hit it right on the head Jake. The shops that I find that do have the rare htf sticks do so because they are not authorized retailers. As a result, they have to buy from authorized retailers at $'s the general public pays and mark the sticks way up. I've called a few B&M's looking for Anejos or Opus back in late Jan. or early Feb. to be pleasantly surprised to hear "yes". Then I realize why they still have them..... because they're selling power rangers for $18.50 a piece or Anejo 46's for $17.00 a piece. At those prices they proabbly have age on them too.

But the ones that are authorized dealers get the HTF's because their numbers look good on the lower end stuff. Mine gets the Opus, Anejos, and VSG in because they sell a lot of La Unica, and Montesino's. It's shops like them that should not be going crazy on the mark up.
Jake was basically telling Stix that he was going to have a hard time just selling/keeping supplied with the rare ones, without selling the low end stuff as well.

But the ones that are authorized dealers get the HTF's because their numbers look good on the lower end stuff. Mine gets the Opus, Anejos, and VSG in because they sell a lot of La Unica, and Montesino's. It's shops like them that should not be going crazy on the mark up.
Jake was basically telling Stix that he was going to have a hard time just selling/keeping supplied with the rare ones, without selling the low end stuff as well.

Absolutely, I completely agree. Fuente, or any manufacturer for that matter, has no shortage of operations that want to get there paws on the htf's and rares. So it's a matter of not who wants it, but who deserves it. And like you said, that's determined by who moves the volume in their lower lines.

I have a retail tobacco distributors license, and I have accounts with some of the largest distributors in the country. With that, I want to have a little hobby of selling online, I am not looking to get rich, hell I am not even looking to make money. I just want to keep up with operating cost and give me something to do.

In your introduction post you stated :

I was fortunate enough to find myself a job working at a B&M shop in Arizona and love every minute of it.

So which is it, do you have a retail distributor's license or do you work at a shop that has the connections? My spidey sense says something is amiss... :whistling:

I have a retail tobacco distributors license, and I have accounts with some of the largest distributors in the country. With that, I want to have a little hobby of selling online, I am not looking to get rich, hell I am not even looking to make money. I just want to keep up with operating cost and give me something to do.

In your introduction post you stated :

I was fortunate enough to find myself a job working at a B&M shop in Arizona and love every minute of it.

So which is it, do you have a retail distributor's license or do you work at a shop that has the connections? My spidey sense says something is amiss... :whistling:

I figured that might come up Haha. I still work from time to time, but this venture is completely independent from the B&M, I have my own licenses. Working in the retail world gave me a few connections, but more so a view of how the industry works.

So, just curious..................How do you plan to get a steady supply of HTF Fuentes and not sell the lower ends.