• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Online retailer sent me the same order twice

pulse746

Hi guys,

So an odd situation just occurred, I placed an online order with a well known cigar retailer and received the order in the mail twice while obviously only being charged for one. I plan on returning the extra order for karma's sake but was wondering if anyone on here was ever in a similar situation and what their thoughts were.

If they send me a return authorization that I can use from my home mailbox, I'll return it. If I have to drive to the post office, I charge them 50 cents per mile, lunch, with coffee, and some pain and suffering for having to go to the post office...think about it.

;)

:whistling:

MadMonk said:
If they send me a return authorization that I can use from my home mailbox, I'll return it. If I have to drive to the post office, I charge them 50 cents per mile, lunch, with coffee, and some pain and suffering for having to go to the post office...think about it.

;)

:whistling:
You bring up a very valid point :D

I hate going to the Post office. Right now I'm not supposed to be driving. So, If that happened now, I would insist on a return auth that will let them take it from home.
I've had more issues with Ebay returns than Cigar returns. And, the ebay/paypal crap is a pain in the ass cause you better get proof that you mailed it.

I've only ever sent cigars back to JR Cigars, many years ago, and CI for nasty musty cigars. JR tries to interpret crap to their advantage and refuse a return. One time I got some familiar smokes that tasted like horse shit. They said they wouldn't honor a return based on just me not liking the flavor. I replied, Well, then I'm demanding money back due to product being ruined due to improper storage. That worked.

MadMonk said:
I hate going to the Post office. Right now I'm not supposed to be driving. So, If that happened now, I would insist on a return auth that will let them take it from home.
I've had more issues with Ebay returns than Cigar returns. And, the ebay/paypal crap is a pain in the ass cause you better get proof that you mailed it.

I've only ever sent cigars back to JR Cigars, many years ago, and CI for nasty musty cigars. JR tries to interpret crap to their advantage and refuse a return. One time I got some familiar smokes that tasted like horse shit. They said they wouldn't honor a return based on just me not liking the flavor. I replied, Well, then I'm demanding money back due to product being ruined due to improper storage. That worked.

Yeah I've read a lot of negative things about JR Cigars.

Before I moved the post office was right down the street.
I have no idea where it is here.
If that happened to me and they wanted their *** back they'd better be sending me a return label.

It's happened to me a couple of times. E-mail or call them to let them know. Offer to buy the extra box, or offer to send it back. It's worked in my favor every time I've offered to purchase the extra box. 1 time they told me to just keep it at no charge due to their mix up and my honesty. The other couple of times I was able to keep the box and only pay cost of it. 

Once many moons ago I received 2 orders from Thompson's.  They charged my credit card for one.  I sent them an email indicating that I received two and would like to send one back and received no response.  Next thing I knew I was in collections with a collection agency.  I sent the box back and they left me in collections.  It took something like 18 months for collections to quit calling and sending mail.  Never heard of this type of thing with JR before.

Think that's bad, we ordered 4 Disney tickets for a family vacation from Disney and they sent us 8, only charged for 4.  We called and they said there is nothing they could do about it.  Still trying to work through that to get them to understand.  Would hate to get banned from Disney for life.....oh wait a second!

golfgar said:
Once many moons ago I received 2 orders from Thompson's.  They charged my credit card for one.  I sent them an email indicating that I received two and would like to send one back and received no response.  Next thing I knew I was in collections with a collection agency.  I sent the box back and they left me in collections.  It took something like 18 months for collections to quit calling and sending mail.  Never heard of this type of thing with JR before.

Why I will never order from Thompsons...

Happened to me twice.  Both times I emailed and had them charge me again.  Both were small companies.  

Ive had something similar happen, cant remember specifically but it was one of the ones mentioned.. in my order there was supposed to be 5 Padron 1964 No 4's.. I received 5 Padron 4000's. I called and they said they would ship out the right sticks along with a return label. Got the sticks but no return label. I waited to hear from them... and never did...

diapanos said:
Agreed!

I like to build trust with my regular retailers. If, through experience, they earn it. I certainly value that trust, once established.

vortex said:
Agreed!

I like to build trust with my regular retailers. If, through experience, they earn it. I certainly value that trust, once established.

Cuenca's anothet I will never order from
again.