• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Online School

dbanther22

Hey fellas just wondering if anybody has any experiance with online school? Looking at AIU or CTU for business marketing. All opinions are appreciated.

I went to regis online school for a few classes and really liked it. The only downside I had was the $$, but what online school isnt expensive. The classes were easy to follow using their online boards and other resources. The teachers were very helpful and often returned answers to me within 24 hours.

I have heard not so good things about The Phoenix.

I would recommend Franklin University (franklin.edu). I am in my second trimester towards my bachelors in Accounting and Business Forensics. The staff is very supportive, they offer tons of resources for students, and most courses can be completed in 6 or 12 weeks. After I get my CPA, I'm actually thinking about getting my MBA from Franklin as well.

If you're looking for a business degree, I graduated last spring, so I have a little insight as to what made it useful for me:

1) I learned stuff (basic business, finance/ops/marketing)
2) I worked with good people and learned tons from them. Big attitude adjustment for me.
3) I met alumni and recruiters - they didn't get me the job I'm in now, but I'm glad to know them, and I'd like to help them in the future

Which of these is important to you depends on your priorities. If you'd like to get better advice, of course, the best answer is a question: what are you looking to get out of b-school, and where do you want to go?