• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Onyx Robusto & JdN Shortie

vewyphishy

The Original Smoking Fish
YUCK YUCK YUCK.

I've had these in my humi for a while. Thought I'd step away from the "safe" stuff and venture out. I started with a Joya de Nicaragua Shortie. It had an appealing look to it. A tiny little smoke, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. Damn, was I wrong. From the moment I fired it up until I tossed that thing into the bushes, it burned hot and tasted like feet soaked in pepper sauce. I don't know what was wrong with it. I've had peppery cigars before, but this one was ridiculous. I smoked it for about 5 minutes and just couldn't take it anymore. My mouth was on fire and I had to douse the stick. One of the worst experiences I've had, for sure.

After 10 minutes of recovery time, I decided to fire up an Onyx Reserve Robusto. I've heard good things about Onyx so I tried it. This one wasn't nearly as bad. But then again, smoking a branch from a dead tree probably wouldn't have been as bad. Nevertheless, I think this one suffered greatly from the weather conditions. It was about 40° outside with a nice gusting wind. The burn was even, but the draw was tight. Perhaps my tastebuds were shot to sh!t from the previous cigar because I couldn't really taste this one at all. After about half way through, I just gave up and doused this one too.

Not really much of a review for these two. This seemed more like a recap of the experience. Regardless, I didn't like these very much. :(

Onyx Reserve -- Yuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm!
I don't know - I love these nice dark smooth sticks - sorry you didn't have a good one. Maybe it was from the taste of the JdN still in your mouth (no comments :sign: )

I agree with the Captain, you need to give the Onyx another chance! It was definitely theJdN that screwed you up.

Onyx Reserve Mini Beli. One of my favorite go to smokes. Even better with a year on them :)