• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opening Day

LC-Smoker

Have you seen my stapler?
With Opening Day only a week away, I thought I'd start this thread for BOTL's to share their thoughts on the upcoming season! Favorite team? Who will win the Series? MVP? ROY?

I myself am a long-suffering Pirates fan. But it looks like we may be on a bit of an upswing. Nice young pitching, some power coming from the minors, and a new manager.

I am very excited for the season to get started; after all, this is usually the only time of the year the Pirates are 0.500!

Patrick

Well Patrick, I'm like you, I can hardly wait till opening day. All I can say is go Yankees....... :D :thumbs: :p

Go Red Sox, and a curse on the Evil Empire.

Doc.

The Brewers will contend for the wild card in the NL. We were 81-81 last year and have added some quality players. My ROY pick is Prince Fielder (I think he qualifies, he did play some last year, but not too much). This guy can hit, both average and power. In spring training he hit one 500 feet. He looks as strong, if not stronger than his daddy but much more disciplined.

Go Brewers!

The Brewers will contend for the wild card in the NL. We were 81-81 last year and have added some quality players. My ROY pick is Prince Fielder (I think he qualifies, he did play some last year, but not too much). This guy can hit, both average and power. In spring training he hit one 500 feet. He looks as strong, if not stronger than his daddy but much more disciplined.

Go Brewers!

If the Astros can get off to even a decent start they will win the division this year, and that leaves a lots of quality teams to fight for the wild card.

No suprise here life time WHITE SOX Fan.
Hoping they can defend their title this year.!!

This season will mark the resurgence of baseball north and the Toronto Blue Jays!!! GO JAYS GO!!!

jhd-mlb-bluejays.jpg

I will agree with Maggs44 that the Brewers will contend for the wild card this year but the best team in the NL is the St. Louis Cardinals head and shoulders above the rest. I'm not just saying that because I am a die hard fan but we have made some good deals this off season.
If Ponson can stay off the booze for 15 minutes we have the best pitching staff in the NL. Rotation looks like it will be Carpenter, Mulder, Suppan, Marquis and Ponson with Isringhausen, Wainwright and Looper being the talent in the BP. That is just the beginning because we also have one of the most explosive line ups in the entire league. Eckstein, Edmonds, Pujols, Rolen, Encarnation & Spivey to start with and huge upside in upcoming talent with Gall, Rodriguez and Duncan (hell of a spring training).

That is the fan of baseball talking not just a Cardinal fan.

NL MVP-A. Pujols
NL CY Young-Jake Peavy

AL MVP-A-Rod
Al Cy Young-Johan Santana

Good luck to all your teams.

I'm stoked about the start of the season and a Yankee fan! Had our fantasy draft this morning and I'm all pumped up, unfortunately I don't have any Yankees on my team :(

AL MVP ARod
AL Cy Young The Big Unit (more wishful thinking)
AL ROY Fransisco Liriano

NL MVP Pujols
NL Cy Young Chri Carpenter
NL ROY Jeremy Hermida

This season will mark the resurgence of baseball north and the Toronto Blue Jays!!! GO JAYS GO!!!

jhd-mlb-bluejays.jpg
i agree on one thing, the emergence of baseball on the north side of chicago! GO CUBS! :D

Well I'll tell you all right now that the Dodgers will win the World Series this year (I say that every year though). Here are my predictions for the upcomming season:

The AL winners will be the Yankees, White Sox and A's with the Indians just edging out the Blue Jays for the wildcard. The NL winners will be the Dodgers, Cardinals and Mets with the Astros winning the wildcard. As for the playoffs, anything can happen and usually does but I will say that the Yankees and A's don't have the pitching to win so that leaves the Sox against the Indians in the AL and in the NL, the Cards will be hard for anyone to beat (except for the Dodgers of course).

Just to follow the Dodger post: the Geriatric Giants will come out on top and that is all that matters, keep the rivalry going..... :p

Just to follow the Dodger post: the Geriatric Giants will come out on top and that is all that matters, keep the rivalry going..... :p

WOW...a Gnats fan from Oceanside....my condolences to your family. The Gnats have squat except for Steroid Boy and who knows how long he will be around this year.

135547.jpg

WOW...a Gnats fan from Oceanside....my condolences to your family. The Gnats have squat except for Steroid Boy and who knows how long he will be around this year.

135547.jpg

Originally from San Rafael/Bay Area.......everyone I grew up with is a Dodger fan (even my wife!) and I enjoy being different. Bonds, Bonds, Bonds......can't live wit' em...... :whistling: I still will go to any game, any time NL, AL whatever!

Charlie

As an Atlanta area resident originally from Boston, I have an AL and NL team to root for... Braves and Red Sox (of course).
Maybe this will be the year to see both in the World Series!

Jim

They may take the division if Halladay stays healthy and starts every 5 days...but I still think the Yankees take the division. The question in the AL East is out of the Yanks, Sox, and Jays who comes in third and out of the post season

The Royals are gonna come out of their slump and take the AL Central, AL Division, and the World series......

Or lose another 100 games! :sign: