• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X 2004 Petit Lancero CFCF

rectifythis

CP; may cause dependency
Opus X 2004 Petit Lancero CFCF (Cigar Family Charitable Foundation)

I received this in the Newbie Blizzard of ’08 from a very generous BOTL. (You’re on my list!) I decided to smoke this $40 cigar since I have been smoking much less due to a busy schedule. The busier I get, the more I tend to NOT waste the little smoking time I have with a mediocre stick.

I paired with a snifter of Wild Turkey Rare so graciously sent by Secret Santa The bourbon is outstanding! When I sat to light my cigar, I knocked over the snifter…the glass and bourbon became a small bomb. I could only think….NO! The bourbon! Of course, I got another snifter with a couple of fingers.

The Opus had an oily sheen, a perfect draw and a light flaky ash. I had to stay on top of it to keep lit. The smoke and flavor was smoothe even when expelled nasally. It had power and strength typical of Opus but remained pleasant. Full bodied with spice and a mild sweetness. The second third was the sweet spot imo. The flavor I cannot describe other than….it tastes like an Opus. I found this enjoyable though Opus has never quite matched my palette. The multiple fermented spice which is what I don’t care too much for. I could see how most would love this stick. My buddy that was smoking with me took a few puffs and was in love. For what it is, it was very, very nice. The aftertaste later was pleasantly manly. Even the wife commented: “You smoked a manly but a good quality stick.”

Thank you to the man who made this experience possible!

100_2003.jpg

100_2005.jpg

100_2007.jpg

100_2009.jpg

100_2011.jpg

WOW, what a lucky man you are.
Thanks for a great review and pics. :thumbs:

Very nice review. That does look really good. I'm in the same boat as you with limited smoking time, and have to pick a winner when you have little or no time to smoke.

Excellent review! Sounds like an excellent smoke.

Thanks to AVB, Wild Turkey Rare is now my go to bourbon. Excellent choice and superb review.

Edit: Typo.

Great review of a great smoke. Glad to hear you enjoyed it

Edit: My last sentence almost implied I gave it to him, and unfortunately I cannot say that I did.