• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Newbie Question

kevpriest

Clueless Noob
After I had made a purchase at one of my local shops here in Atlanta, I noticed he had a second, smaller humidor sitting near the back. Wish I'd noticed it first, because it was full of more OpusX than I've ever seen in one place. I didn't ask him to open it, since I'd already bought my budget in Padrons, but I checked a few out and his prices were outrageous.

However, one thing caught my eye, and I wish I'd taken the time to ask him what it was, but it was an Opus X the size of a freakin' babies arm. What the heck was that? I googled a little bit, but I couldn't find a picture that looked like what I saw. They were in a full box, and there were only two to a row. They looked like OpusX bricks, I guess, as they were square (box-pressed, I guess), which I didn't know such a thing existed. The price on it was $99 each.

I don't smoke too many OpusX, and when I have they've been smaller, nothing larger than a robusto size.

I checked this link: Opus X Pics and I don't see anything that looks box-pressed and as big as what I saw.

Anyway, this was my first time at this shop, and he had a few interesting cigars at decent prices, but a lot of stuff way over MSRP. But this one was interesting, and though I'd never buy it (looked more like a gimmick than a cigar), I'm curious as to what it is.

Thanks,

KevPriest

I agree with them. It was probably an OpusX "A" in coffin. What you saw were not the cigars but the coffins they are sold in (yes, they look like bricks).

That's it! And it was clearly the coffin that I saw (through the humi glass I guess it looked like a maduro wrapper).

Thanks, guys. I was just wondering what the heck it was. He had a full box of 'em, but I won't be buying any at $99 a pop.

kevpriest said:
After I had made a purchase at one of my local shops here in Atlanta, I noticed he had a second, smaller humidor sitting near the back. Wish I'd noticed it first, because it was full of more OpusX than I've ever seen in one place. I didn't ask him to open it, since I'd already bought my budget in Padrons, but I checked a few out and his prices were outrageous.

However, one thing caught my eye, and I wish I'd taken the time to ask him what it was, but it was an Opus X the size of a freakin' babies arm. What the heck was that? I googled a little bit, but I couldn't find a picture that looked like what I saw. They were in a full box, and there were only two to a row. They looked like OpusX bricks, I guess, as they were square (box-pressed, I guess), which I didn't know such a thing existed. The price on it was $99 each.

I don't smoke too many OpusX, and when I have they've been smaller, nothing larger than a robusto size.

I checked this link: Opus X Pics and I don't see anything that looks box-pressed and as big as what I saw.

Anyway, this was my first time at this shop, and he had a few interesting cigars at decent prices, but a lot of stuff way over MSRP. But this one was interesting, and though I'd never buy it (looked more like a gimmick than a cigar), I'm curious as to what it is.

Thanks,

KevPriest
[snapback]202869[/snapback]​

What shop??

Isn't MSRP on these around $25. At least that is the lowest price I've ever seen on them.

preembargo said:
Check out what they're asking for the 'A' at this 'Cigar bar' :0

Cool River Cafe, Irving, Tx

Warning, You'll want to be sitting when you see this. These guys are Very Proud of their Fuentes.

:sign:
[snapback]202930[/snapback]​

Are those prices in Pesos?

Their food must be horrible if they are recouping expenses w/ those insane prices.

$175 for an Opus A? :sign:

>edited for spelling

bfreebern said:
Their food must be horrible if they are recouping expenses w/ those insane prices.

$175 for an Opus A? :sign:

>edited for spelling
[snapback]202943[/snapback]​

(Actually their food is fantastic.)

At those prices, you can bet they're very well aged though.

Just a light premium on the Cool River prices. I think the Sullivan's steakhouse downtown is only marginally better. Then again, the people who purchase smokes from the restaurant are not usually paying for it themselves... 2 words: expense account.

Believe it or not, when I was visiting a resort for dinner one night an Opus X went for $90. The same one that is sold at the shop I work at is $15. Rediculous! :angry:

Ree