• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OpusX Fuente Fuente

Nice review. But I figured you would pull more flavors out of it than you did. I find that the Opus, when aged 1 yr or more, have a sweet spice flavor to them along with that pepper that you mentioned. But of course I always notice that feeling you talked about when I stand up after smoking one. They can be ass kickers. I am going to watch for more of your posts, they are intersting reads. :thumbs:

atuck said:
Nice review. But I figured you would pull more flavors out of it than you did. I find that the Opus, when aged 1 yr or more, have a sweet spice flavor to them along with that pepper that you mentioned. But of course I always notice that feeling you talked about when I stand up after smoking one. They can be ass kickers. I am going to watch for more of your posts, they are intersting reads. :thumbs:
[snapback]264535[/snapback]​

Hi atuck,

Fuente cigars continue to a bit of an engima for me. For as long as I have been smoking, I've never really been able to "connect" with the mark, from Curlyheads up to OpusX. I've got one that has a bit more age to it so the next quiet time I have, I'll tackle it.

As for flavors, I wish I could detect more. But at present, as an "average taster" I am still at the stage where I can say stuff like "citrus" but not key lime versus Persian lime. :)

Wilkey

You do not like Opus X cigars

hypnotize.gif

Hahaha :laugh: Yeah leave more for the rest of us :D

moki said:

hypnotize.gif

[snapback]265970[/snapback]​

The first Opus X I ever smoked was a Fuente Fuente, and still to this day they are my favorite size. The power and spice of this cigar makes this size special in my opinion. I enjoy a lot of other different sized Opus but always keep a couple of boxes of these around.

They take on a whole different profile when they are aged for a few years plus. The sharpness gets rounded and they become more complex with age.

I smoked one Christmas day and wasn't impressed. It was a good cigar, but I don't believe it lives up to the hype.

Doc

They are a unique flavor that not everyone cares for. They are the only high end cigar that hasn't had a price increase since they came out in 1995.

One of my favorite Opus (this and the #5). I really like the complexity and spice I get out of the smaller size OpusX. At least for me, the larger ones are pretty one-dimensional.

The Master said:
They are a unique flavor that not everyone cares for. They are the only high end cigar that hasn't had a price increase since they came out in 1995.
[snapback]267512[/snapback]​
Don't get me wrong, I liked the cigar, but I expected to see god. It didn't happen for me. I suspect my expectations were a bit too high.

Doc.

Have one sitting in the humi, 1 and only ive ever had in my posession, kind of afraid to smoke it though!

tjm5019 said:
Have one sitting in the humi, 1 and only ive ever had in my posession, kind of afraid to smoke it though!
[snapback]269261[/snapback]​

Heh, I wouldn't be too intimidated by it...if you are used to smoking a little fuller cigar you will be fine. Even if not, I've smoked 3 of them I think and none have been overly powerful. I always make sure I've got a full belly just in case though. I've found that after I finally ball up smoke cigars I am initially intimidated by, they turn out to be no big deal! :laugh:

Wilkey I would have to say that your review is spot on from what I can tell.

I just smoked one about an hour ago, and I was going to write a review, and Noticed you had already done that.

The Cigar I smoked had a perfect Draw, first third I noticed pepperiness to it, I wouldn't say tingled my nose but rather stung my nose..lol. But that settled down after the first third.

The primary notes I got out of it was Earthy, woodsy, Coffee, Not much in the way of Complexity, somewhat one demesional.

Overall it was a good cigar, I am curious as to how they will smoke with some age on them.

Deez

The Cigar I smoked had a perfect Draw, first third I noticed pepperiness to it, I wouldn't say tingled my nose but rather stung my nose..lol. But that settled down after the first third.

The primary notes I got out of it was Earthy, woodsy, Coffee, Not much in the way of Complexity, somewhat one demesional.

Overall it was a good cigar, I am curious as to how they will smoke with some age on them.

Shoot me your address, and I'll let you answer your own question. :)

Nice play Moki!

Great review Wilkey. First time I have seen this one, glad it
was bumped. I agree with a previous post - your reviews are the
"best written and well grammered reviews"

I would go as far to say, this review was some 8 months ago,
your latest reviews have improved, if that's possible :whistling:
Well done, keep them coming!

Brian

Shoot me your address, and I'll let you answer your own question. :)

Jeez,

Andrew is up to his old tricks again. Well done, big guy. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Great review I think my next Opus will be FF! I'll let you know how it is.! :D

Addy sent Andrew.. Jeez that was the easist mooch I ever done.. LMAO....Just kiddin I was not expecting Moki to be so generous. Thanks again Bro.

Deez