• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OR Anejo #49

If you are going to link to this thread get it right. The title says CUSTOM Cohiba Perfecto. At the time this thread was done Rob had said it was a custom rolled by someone in the factory. He did not state this was a legit Habanos S.A. stick. This whole thing is a sad situtation. People got burnt and that s@cks(I know I have been burnt). It seems to me that this is starting to go the way of maybe Ed could of been doing something funny or he should have known. I do not know Ed personally but in my opinion he got caught up in the hoopla of obtaining very HTF sticks. I am not sure that Ed has the knowledge to be able to tell if they were fake or not. In my opinion he is guilty of being caught up and got in over his head(I also have done this). This should just be a good lesson as many have stated. To start to wonder what someone might have done or what they should know is climbing a slippery slope.

So, this being a learning situation for myself and others, whenever we read "custom" in a thread,
we can substitute "fake"?

I'm just trying to read, learn and get it right.

Hey Greg and Jim, not that I think they are, but are the cigars at least Anejos and Opie robos?

The cigars I have do appear to be Opus, just not OR Opus. I was thinking it might be a good idea to send a sample to Moki for him to look at if he would be so kind to do examine them. Then maybe he could post them on his website for reference. Just a thought.

On another note I want to state once again that I am the boob with my purchase. I too know where the other large buy before these was purchased from and because of that buy I assumed provenance on these Opus. My mistake and I also do not believe that Ed was up to anything shady I simply think he got excited about acquiring a batch of cigars that are tough to acquire, just as I did. I acted in haste and now must reep the backlash.

Jim

I guess I should give up on the hopes of getting those 5 finger bags Spivy was doing a GB for... LOL.

Ed still has his e-mail addy in his profile. I still think Ed would follow through if you have already paid for the baggies. He has received a lot of money from more than a few people here and he has not vanished. I really think Ed just got caught up in the HTF stick thing and got in way over his head. From what I have read and know from his past dealings he is not a thief. If I had any thing due to me from Ed I would e-mail him. :thumbs:

If you are going to link to this thread get it right. The title says CUSTOM Cohiba Perfecto. At the time this thread was done Rob had said it was a custom rolled by someone in the factory. He did not state this was a legit Habanos S.A. stick. This whole thing is a sad situtation. People got burnt and that s@cks(I know I have been burnt). It seems to me that this is starting to go the way of maybe Ed could of been doing something funny or he should have known. I do not know Ed personally but in my opinion he got caught up in the hoopla of obtaining very HTF sticks. I am not sure that Ed has the knowledge to be able to tell if they were fake or not. In my opinion he is guilty of being caught up and got in over his head(I also have done this). This should just be a good lesson as many have stated. To start to wonder what someone might have done or what they should know is climbing a slippery slope.

So, this being a learning situation for myself and others, whenever we read "custom" in a thread,

Depends what they say it is and who's selling it I think. I have a couple custom rolled cigars that are rolled with Cohiba and Trinidad tobaccos that were rolled in Cuba that I know for certain are real, so I wouldn't always assume they are fake, but I think you need to validate the source of the cigars.

As long as you buy from reputable people who are established on the boards and do some research you usually won't end up getting screwed.

Edit to add: I didn't pay him for the bags yet so I guess I'll call it a wash. :)

I think it goes more to the point that at the time Rob did the review it was well known from previous posts that this was a stick that was not a production Habanos S.A stick. It had already been talked about and sorted out were the stick came from. I have some Johnny-O custom rolled and they are not fake.

Andrew has said it several times, and I agree that it can be seen either way. One way is, Ed is absolutely responsible. He approached me here on CP and asked if I wanted in on the GB. I was going to be purchasing these cigars from Ed, even if he was getting them from somewhere else. I was dealing with Ed and Ed alone, period. To me, by his offering and my accepting, there was a meeting of the minds that he would be selling me 100% legitimate goods.

The other way is, I made the mistake of trusting that Ed knew what he was doing. He's been a member here for a little while now, and I've actually had a couple of dealings with him in the past that went well and a few PM exchanges, so I made the assumption that he had already done the due diligence to ensure these cigars were coming from a legitimate source. I made a huge error in judgement and do feel I am somewhat responsible for getting into such a deal. If I don't get the money back, then I have no one but myself to blame.

And yes, Ed did receive all the cigars himself and shipped them out to each of us (at least to me he did). I did ask the question, how did Ed not see immediately what I saw and raise the flag himself? I know Lee received his before I did and again, nothing said. He even does a review of one. And why, when I raised the flag immediately upon receiving said cigars (Anejo), was it not communicated immediately by Ed?

Crazy stuff.

Edit to clarify this was not intended to mean that either Ed or Lee were being devious in any way, but more of a, "WTF? Are y'all blind??" kind of thing. Sorry for not making the post more clear.

I guess I should give up on the hopes of getting those 5 finger bags Spivy was doing a GB for.
Don't count on it, they're probably fakes. LOL. Had to add some humor to this. Also I've met Jim and he's a boob with or without buying fakes. Just kidding, actually Jim is a real nice guy and is taking this well. I'm still mad at him for snatching up those La Maravilla's.

I think it goes more to the point that at the time Rob did the review it was well known from previous posts that this was a stick that was not a production Habanos S.A stick. It had already been talked about and sorted out were the stick came from. I have some Johnny-O custom rolled and they are not fake.

OK! :thumbs:

Andrew has said it several times, and I agree that it can be seen either way. One way is, Ed is absolutely responsible. He approached me here on CP and asked if I wanted in on the GB. I was going to be purchasing these cigars from Ed, even if he was getting them from somewhere else. I was dealing with Ed and Ed alone, period. To me, by his offering and my accepting, there was a meeting of the minds that he would be selling me 100% legitimate goods.

The other way is, I made the mistake of trusting that Ed knew what he was doing. He's been a member here for a little while now, and I've actually had a couple of dealings with him in the past that went well and a few PM exchanges, so I made the assumption that he had already done the due diligence to ensure these cigars were coming from a legitimate source. I made a huge error in judgement and do feel I am somewhat responsible for getting into such a deal. If I don't get the money back, then I have no one but myself to blame.

And yes, Ed did receive all the cigars himself and shipped them out to each of us (at least to me he did). I did ask the question, how did Ed not see immediately what I saw and raise the flag himself? I know Lee received his before I did and again, nothing said. He even does a review of one. And why, when I raised the flag immediately upon receiving said cigars (Anejo), was it not communicated immediately by Ed?

Crazy stuff.

Edit to clarify this was not intended to mean that either Ed or Lee were being devious in any way, but more of a, "WTF? Are y'all blind??" kind of thing. Sorry for not making the post more clear.

I agree with you Greg. He was either just was not capable of telling that they were fakes or was hoping against hope that they were real. I in no way thought you were accusing him of anything funny.

And this is where the problem comes in that was brought up in the other thread. You can call any cigar you want a "custom," but if it has a Cohiba band and you are calling it a "Cohiba Custom Perfecto," that just doesn't fly. If that were the case, I could roll a cigar and say I got it from a guy who has connections at a factory in Cuba. Anybody who knows anything about Cubans knows Cohiba does not make a perfecto, so it was never an issue about being an official production. The issue was if this was a custom Cohiba perfecto, implying it is a Cohiba blend. So, just because a cigar is a custom doesn't make it a fake, but in this case, calling it a fake is probably accurate.

Very interesting thread with a lot of good info. Nice job guys. Definitely a good read for any member.

Evan brings up an interesting question in my mind that I'd like to pose to the community and those involved in this thread specifically:
What, if any, responsibility do those who were involved in Spivy's 5 finger bag split have in following through with their agreement now that he has been banned?

Evan brings up an interesting question in my mind that I'd like to pose to the community and those involved in this thread specifically:
What, if any, responsibility do those who were involved in Spivy's 5 finger bag split have in following through with their agreement now that he has been banned?

Has Ed acquired payment from anyone on these? He never asked me for payment.

Jim

None, because as far as I know none of us have paid (I haven't at least). Last Ed said something about it, he was still waiting to hear from the manufacturer.

Well I don't necessarily agree with that. If he has put in the order and is committed based on what people asked for, he might get stuck with the bill. If that is the case I would say anyone who asked for bags will owe (and should expect product).

Well I don't necessarily agree with that. If he has put in the order and is committed based on what people asked for, he might get stuck with the bill. If that is the case I would say anyone who asked for bags will owe (and should expect product).

Agreed, otherwise it's no different than him backing out on Tkoepp. His email address is available, it's your responsibility to find out if he has placed the order. If he has, you're committed. If not, then you can decide if you want to proceed.

I agree with that Phil. I was going by him last stating he was waiting to hear from the manufacturer. He started this up in March or early April and kinda drug his feet with it. The problem with this becomes, what if the bags were ordered, he holds a grudge for being banned, and doesn't ship after getting payment? There is no longer any "protection" for this transaction unless he were made to ship first and we pay after receipt.

I agree with that Phil. I was going by him last stating he was waiting to hear from the manufacturer. He started this up in March or early April and kinda drug his feet with it. The problem with this becomes, what if the bags were ordered, he holds a grudge for being banned, and doesn't ship after getting payment? There is no longer any "protection" for this transaction unless he were made to ship first and we pay after receipt.

Sure, that is a good point. I wouldn't send any money unless he shipped first. If he didn't want to do that it would be his business. Obviously if he hasn't committed to the order it doesn't matter, I just am (still) not sure if he is locked into paying for whatever he ordered from them, despite the slow production time.

Supposedly, the order was placed:

An update. I ordered the bags last week and they are making the dye, I am still waiting for quite a few confirmations. I should have another update in a week.

Right now the eta is July 30th. :angry: I am pushing for faster, but if we airfreight it from the Far east it will be an additional 2k.

Who knows, though. Getting updates through that entire ordeal was like pulling teeth.