• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ordered my new Toy!

Bought my first Mac about 6 months ago, Macbook Pro......and I'll never go back to PC again.

Spore all it's cracked up to be?

Not sure yet, will not be here for a few weeks because I have to ship to an APO. But all the Sim games he did were super time wasters....and that is all I really want......

Tim:

I will be curious to see what you think after the learning curve is over.

Good luck

Excellent purchase.

There will be hardly any learning curve.

Brian

Keep in mind that Jeff still hasn't gotten over 'paved roads' and that earth being 'round' nonsense.
LMAO :laugh:

You still on that 486 machine Jeff?

Brian
Actually, my computer has no numbers SEE FOR YOURSELF

As far as paved roads and the earth being round.....here's my theory: As long as I stay on dirt roads, I am less likely to fall off the earth just in case it's flat ;)

In reality, a Mac is far superior to a PC and has been since the beginning of time. The difference is that Bill Gates had the money to secure market share and therefore applications were written for the PC. The Mac is being dumbed down and the PC operating system is being cleaned up so they can meet in the middle. The average home computer user wouldn't need more than a 10 GB hard drive but since there is no management of data storage or memory in a PC the smallest hard drive you can buy now is probably 80GB. Imagine if you never threw away anything, not even your garbage, you would need to buy a bigger house every year or two......gee, I wonder if that was part of the plan :whistling:

Sounds like you're in for some fun, MX. Congrats.

I thought really hard about going Mac before building my brand-spankin'-new PC but the prices are just ridiculous. I spec'd a Mac Pro online and couldn't touch what I wanted for less than $4000...and that was after compromising on several things. An extra 6GB of RAM? $1500. Raid card? $800. Gimme a freakin' break. As good as the OS might be, it's not that good.

I thought really hard about going Mac before building my brand-spankin'-new PC but the prices are just ridiculous. I spec'd a Mac Pro online and couldn't touch what I wanted for less than $4000...and that was after compromising on several things. An extra 6GB of RAM? $1500. Raid card? $800. Gimme a freakin' break. As good as the OS might be, it's not that good.

Spot on about the price of Apple RAM. This is one area where it does not pay to load up. Get some quality RAM from a place like Crucial and all is well.

Spot on about the price of Apple RAM. This is one area where it does not pay to load up. Get some quality RAM from a place like Crucial and all is well.

This brings up an interesting issue. I wonder what the ratio is for the proper amount of RAM for a PC vs a Mac. A Mac will operate efficiently on much less RAM than a PC due to the intelligence of the OS but "how much less?"

Does anyone know for sure?

I'm in an architecture program, and do a lot of graphic design. I was in the same boat as you, looking for a new one. I realized, that for a 2000+ dollar computer...I could build a PC that out preforms it in every way possible for about 1000 bucks.

Windows can do all the same stuff as far as art is concerned. And if I had a mac, it'd be running windows.

Sure, they're good for some stuff, but they're just an image thing and are wayyyy over priced.

psssssst. The 1990's are calling, they want their clichés back.

clueless.jpg