• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Orlando...

{tpc}

Professional Poker Tournament Loser
Going to orlando in the morning do as to be in town for the 500 this weekend. Any recommended places, ie cigar bars, etc to visit while in town?

If your staying in Orlando, the Corona Cigar Company is a must stop which is on Sand Lake Rd (down by Universal Studios). Here is their website and they also have 2 other locations, one in downtown Orlando and the other in Lake Mary - Heathrow (right off of I-4):

http://www.coronacigar.com/retail-locations/

If you do stop in and the owner (Jeff Borysiewicz) is there, tell him Stogieman from NY said "hello brother". I lived down there till the summer of 2005 and the Sand Lake Rd location was my go to cigar shop........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Sand Lake Rd location

Corona is awesome. Amazing selection, drinks, all the good stuff. So well ventilated too that you can bring a Ms/Mrs and she won't be bothered.

For food, visit Texas de Brazil off of I-Drive. One of the best steak houses I've been to!

Corona hands down, but I like the downtown location better. Great selection of scotch (some really well aged) and rum...also some pre-embargo Cubans (at a hefty price) if you are interested. Great bar area as well as some leather chairs to sit down in. Clean, well ventilated. It also has the largest selection of cigars I've seen in one store. Staff is fairly knowledgeable for the most part, and the attractive female bartenders in those tight black dresses don't hurt either.

Gonna be down there June 1st for a week. Looking forward to seeing Corona Cigar finally!

Corona hands down, but I like the downtown location better. Great selection of scotch (some really well aged) and rum...also some pre-embargo Cubans (at a hefty price) if you are interested. Great bar area as well as some leather chairs to sit down in. Clean, well ventilated. It also has the largest selection of cigars I've seen in one store. Staff is fairly knowledgeable for the most part, and the attractive female bartenders in those tight black dresses don't hurt either.

I'll second this as I have been to the downtown location and loved it. It was just like walking into a cigar lover's toy store with the enormous selection.

I had 3 cigars while I was there, along with some great whisky served to me from one of the tight fitted black dress bartenders.

Well thank you guys for all the suggestions! Wife and I went to Texas de Brazil last night and had a good time. After that went to Corona Cigar Co (sand lake rd) and enjoyed a couple of drinks and a smoke and it was a good time there as well! Huge huge place, and it was packed for a thursday night....but maybe thats how it is all the time. I was tempted by a pre embargo cuban...but they were pretty pricey.
ohmy.gif

I'll second that, it was a high point of the trip, but only one thing for food, Head across the street to the pizza place. but pay no attention to the security guard .

Well thank you guys for all the suggestions! Wife and I went to Texas de Brazil last night and had a good time. After that went to Corona Cigar Co (sand lake rd) and enjoyed a couple of drinks and a smoke and it was a good time there as well! Huge huge place, and it was packed for a thursday night....but maybe thats how it is all the time. I was tempted by a pre embargo cuban...but they were pretty pricey.
ohmy.gif

I was just in Orlando for the whole Universal thing last week. The last two times I went I wanted to eat at the Texas De Brazil but never did. I read about it online and it sounds really cool. But I think I would have to be STARVING to justify going to eat there.

I wish I knew about the Corona Cigar Co before I went. I usually just type "Cigar" in the GPS and whenever I go out of town. But I don't think anything popped up while I was there. Same for Daytona.....very little to choose from.